Windows 10: Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

Discus and support Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello. My computer is new and I have a solid state drive for my main C and a regular hard drive for the D:. My D: acts as my desktop folder so when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RomanGrant, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

hello.

My computer is new and I have a solid state drive for my main C and a regular hard drive for the D:. My D: acts as my desktop folder so when I move any files into it they are placed onto my desktop.

I'm wondering how I create a desktop folder in my d: drive so that this doesn't happen. I don't need tons of files on my desktop.

Help is greatly appreciated!

:)

RomanGrant, Aug 7, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My Desktop is a D Drive

Hi Alina

Open File Explorer, then create a new Folder on that D drive and name it Desktop

Close File Explorer

Open the Registry Editor again, it will still be on the same page . . .

Double click Desktop, then set its value data to this and click OK

D:\Desktop

Double click 54ac886-df64-4cba-86b5-f7fbf4fbcef5, then set its value data to this and click OK

D:\Desktop

Close the Registry Editor and restart (not shut down) your PC

That will have split your Desktop and the D Drive, your Desktop will now be located in that Desktop folder, you may need to manually move files into that folder form your D drive . ..

DaveM121, Aug 7, 2020
  3. My Desktop is a D Drive

I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location.

Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders.

Tried creating on my D Drive a Desktop folder and copying everything to it but still can't do it (when I searched to thumbs.db file wasn't there and desktop.ini were only files on my C drive)

Tried this solution: My Desktop is a D Drive so
    for me it doesn't work.

Is there a way to change desktop's localization to C Drive?

asmoshingeki, Aug 7, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

My Desktop is a D Drive

Hi Alina

Open File Explorer

On your D Drive should be that Desktop folder you created

Anything you want on your Desktop, drag and drop into that new Desktop folder and those should then appear on your Desktop . . .

DaveM121, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

1. Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder - Similar Threads - Desktop Drive desktop

2. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  3. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  4. My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help: Hello, I used to move my desktop, documents, etc to my D drive for storage purposes, but I seem have to made a mistake along the way and it seems to have made my Desktop folder a "master folder" by moving This PC, user profiles, and contents of my D drive, and there is a...
  5. My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help: Hello, I used to move my desktop, documents, etc to my D drive for storage purposes, but I seem have to made a mistake along the way and it seems to have made my Desktop folder a "master folder" by moving This PC, user profiles, and contents of my D drive, and there is a...
  6. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  7. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  8. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  10. My Desktop is a D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Desktop is a D Drive: I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location. Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders. Tried...