Windows 10: Desktop is now accidently labeled E:\ and all items in the E Drive are displayed on Desktop

Discus and support Desktop is now accidently labeled E:\ and all items in the E Drive are displayed on Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I was moving files to get more space on my C Drive and moved the folder that is the desktop to the E Drive and in the process it became labeled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GarryM3, May 6, 2020.

1. GarryM3 Win User

Desktop is now accidently labeled E:\ and all items in the E Drive are displayed on Desktop

Hi

I was moving files to get more space on my C Drive and moved the folder that is the desktop to the E Drive and in the process it became labeled E:\ and all the items in the E Drive are now displayed on the desktop. So any amendments to the E Drive - new folder/ file are automatically seen on the desktop.

Any help with restoring the desktop files but keeping the desktop folder in the E Drive buit not labeled as E:\ I want to

store the desktop on the E Drive to save space on the C Drive

Thanks

:)

GarryM3, May 6, 2020
  2. FVDWZA Win User

Desktop folder appears to have 'merged' with 'E' Drive on Windows 10

I installed a new HDD to my PC because my other drive was getting full.

I (foolishly) tried to move all the files on my desktop (mainly video files) to my new E Drive.

This has caused the Desktop folder to be renamed 'E' and any files added to the E drive now seem to appear on my desktop.

Note from the attached screenshot that the folder with the desktop icon now reads "E:/"

When I open the "New Volume - "E:/" it is simply a mirror of the desktop.

How can I fix this so that the desktop folder is called 'desktop' again and that new files save only inside the E drive itself rather than on the desktop. In other words how can I separate or unmerge them.

Thanks!

Desktop is now accidently labeled E:\  and all items in the E Drive are displayed on Desktop fa10e998-3efd-433d-b15b-cd735efdd7b4.png

FVDWZA, May 6, 2020
  3. Move Desktop location after merging it with E Driver

Hello,

When I moved the Desktop location to E Driver, I accidentally moved it under E:\ without creating a folder Desktop. Therefore, the Desktop now merges with the whole E Drive. Namely, the computer now treats E:\ as Desktop!

When I tried to move my Desktop elsewhere, it actually moved the whole E:\, and of course, it is not allowed to do so

Is there any way to split E:\ and Desktop, or set the other folder as Desktop.

Thank you

Steve Phan, May 6, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop is now accidently labeled E:\ and all items in the E Drive are displayed on Desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop is now accidently labeled E:\ and all items in the E Drive are displayed on Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop accidently labeled

2. e-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    e-drive: I purchased a new computer and my e-drive is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/743d3371-9e8a-44a4-9cea-dc2b445985bc
  3. E drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E drive: my cd rom/dvd wont read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/ea2eec48-a0c0-4201-a5a5-21508f72786c
  4. Error E 0x80070780 - on desktop links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error E 0x80070780 - on desktop links: Hi,I've seen this problem reported many times, but the existing thread is closed. This is my solution for desktop links and icons which cannot be accessed or deleted, as follows.Make sure you have taken a screenshot of your desktop to remind yourself what was installed.Open...
  5. Desktop merging with disk E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop merging with disk E: I tried to move my desktop to my secondary disk E, but it ended up merging with it, now all the disk folders are shown on my desktop, like in this case:...
  6. e drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    e drive: My e drive icon has a ? over it. How can I access this drive? I think it may be causing the DVDs not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/7e53e266-d19a-4ce4-8689-c8956c5f8eb7
  7. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  8. DVD Drive E: CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 icon on Desktop

DVD Drive E: CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 icon on Desktop: This icon showed up on desktop after getting help from Microsoft support in India for installing Windows 10, as it would not install when I tried. I tried to delete the icon from desktop but get message that 'action can't be completed as file is open in system'. What is...
  9. E: DRIVE

E: DRIVE: How do I format a cdrw? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-drive/11a4e87a-6172-4d8d-84f2-beb073893307
  10. drive e:

drive e:: my drive E: says drive almost full but when i open it there is nothing inside its empty please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drive-e/c5deff65-dc0e-4550-a695-6a93ba094995