Windows 10: Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry

Discus and support Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everything was fine when i went to best last night. Upon restarting my PC today, everything was zoomed in slightly. Now my image is zoomed in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raschinoff, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry

Everything was fine when i went to best last night. Upon restarting my PC today, everything was zoomed in slightly.

Now my image is zoomed in, resulting in a reduction of screen size of about 1/3 the size of the smallest taskbar. This is accompanied by a slight blur / distortion over everything. The blur is not to bad / distracting, but it feels like someone shifted every bit of text a bit, whilst leaving the old text in place, resulting in this phenomenon.

I don't know why this is the case, there was no update in between yesterday and today at least that's what my update history says.

I have started to try and fix this problem with several restarts of my PC and a reinstallation of the drivers utilized by my graphics card. Unfortunately without success.

In case anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this, i would be very grateful as it is a very strange occurence.

:)

Raschinoff, Apr 29, 2020

2. Applications become blurry with 100% and 125% display zoom

I'm not sure if this is for the Graphics Card forum, but it seemed like the closest topic to my problem. I have my laptop on a 1920x1080 resolution and Windows 10 recommends using 125% zoom on my display. However, it makes some applications blurry. I tried switching to 100% zoom and it made different applications blurry, but made the blurry ones in 125% normal. Is there anyway to somehow make the zoom in between 100% and 125% (the zoom bar doesn't allow it)? This problem is very annoying because switching between zoom settings fixes one application then harms another.

Thanks

Chief Furor, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Blurry Zoomed Videos???

In the last month or so videos on youtube, facebook appear zoomed and blurry. I have seen fixes saying adjust the Catalyst Control Center but I can't even locate that on my computer...

PerryWaggener, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry

Blurry/distorted menus in various applications.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? -- Windows 10 version 1709. Intermittently, menus are blurry/distorted in various applications (Adobe, IE, Chrome, Teams, Windows Explorer, etc.) when opened maximized/full screen on primary monitor. If resizing window
    and/or moving to secondary monitor, all is fine. Problem started approx. 3 weeks ago; so far affecting at least 8 users, but list is growing daily; different model computers (laptops and desktop), but all have Windows 10 version 1709, and Office 2016/O365
    version 1805. Leaning toward it being a problem with video drivers and/or Windows updates... rolling back drivers on one machine, one at a time, and rolling back Windows updates on another machine, one at a time.

April Hurst, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry

1. Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry - Similar Threads - Desktop zoomed distorted

2. VS Code screen became in a strange way blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VS Code screen became in a strange way blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry...: The VS Code screen became strange, blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry and this blurriness disappears only when you hover over it with the mouse. Also the resolution is very low. [check it]https://i.stack.imgur.com/eKLKL.png Even though I completely...
  3. VS Code screen became in a strange way blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VS Code screen became in a strange way blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry...: The VS Code screen became strange, blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry and this blurriness disappears only when you hover over it with the mouse. Also the resolution is very low. [check it]https://i.stack.imgur.com/eKLKL.png Even though I completely...
  4. VS Code screen became in a strange way blurry and distorted. Most of the time it is blurry...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  6. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  7. Distorted/blurry fonts/text on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted/blurry fonts/text on Windows 10: Hello, I recently bought a new Asus x509ja laptop, installed Windows 10, but I'm facing a very bad font/text rendering all around blurry, vertically distorted etc.. From my online research I've found out this is a common issue with Windows 10. I'm a translator so I'll be...
  8. Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom.: When on Zoom, my voice sounds like I'm under water. I haven't used the microphone for any other apps. I have Windows 10, HP ENVY Laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-distorting-my-voice-on-zoom/91b0e1f7-e5da-4d1e-bd62-e6573889779f
  9. video or movie replay is mega zoomed and blurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video or movie replay is mega zoomed and blurry: when watching (or not watching) live tv or video replay my screen is mega zoomed in and i can find no recourse but to listen and not watch why is this happening on my computer screen...
  10. Blurry Zoomed Videos???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry Zoomed Videos???: In the last month or so videos on youtube, facebook appear zoomed and blurry. I have seen fixes saying adjust the Catalyst Control Center but I can't even locate that on my computer......