Windows 10: Desktop issue New anything not working

Discus and support Desktop issue New anything not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my dad's machine when I Right click then hover over "NEW" it stops and loads for a second then the screen goes black like it cuts out and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lukas_813, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Lukas_813 Win User

Desktop issue New anything not working

On my dad's machine when I Right click then hover over "NEW" it stops and loads for a second then the screen goes black like it cuts out and then it goes back and re-loads all of the windows desktop icons that are on his desktop. Because of this I can not make a new text document or folder or anything "NEW" on his machine. What should I do Thanks! Desktop issue New anything not working :)

:)

Lukas_813, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Desktop issue New anything not working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Desktop issue New anything not working

1. Desktop issue New anything not working - Similar Threads - Desktop issue anything

2. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  3. A file was unzipped on desktop and now barely anything works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file was unzipped on desktop and now barely anything works: So I accidentally unzipped a file onto the desktop and once I realised what I had done it had already done enough to cause damage. I then went to delete the files but everything began to lag so I turned the pc.off and on again but it just got worse, now nothing open except...
  4. A file was unzipped on desktop and now barely anything works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file was unzipped on desktop and now barely anything works: So I accidentally unzipped a file onto the desktop and once I realised what I had done it had already done enough to cause damage. I then went to delete the files but everything began to lag so I turned the pc.off and on again but it just got worse, now nothing open except...
  5. A file was unzipped on desktop and now barely anything works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop not showing anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not showing anything: When i start up my computer and sign in, the desktop and taskbar is blank and i can’t do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-showing-anything/8d28aade-7e7c-43d9-9790-240d3645ebf7
  7. Desktop not showing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not showing anything: When i start up my computer and sign in, the desktop and taskbar is blank and i can’t do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-showing-anything/8d28aade-7e7c-43d9-9790-240d3645ebf7
  8. Desktop not showing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Sync issues from laptop to new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync issues from laptop to new desktop: I am having trouble trying to sync everything from my laptop to my new desktop and I'm not sure why or how to fix it. When I go to'sync your settings' on my laptop all the toggles are locked and there's this odd error message at the top that says "Sync is unavailable for your...
  10. Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?: Greetings! So I have been having this PC problem for perhaps a week or so now? One time when I awoke from sleep, when I logged in today, and then sometimes when I am using my PC. So what happens is, randomly I cannot click on any desktop icons(left click and right click...