Windows 10: Desktop issue.

Discus and support Desktop issue. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi : I'm finding that whenever I click on a desktop icon, a growing list of choices appears as to what I can do. It's insane. There no less than 27... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickKearney, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Desktop issue.

Hi :

I'm finding that whenever I click on a desktop icon, a growing list of choices appears as to what I can do. It's insane. There no less than 27 options. All I need, basically, are the ability to open and delete something, to rename it or to know something about its properties. I do not need turn it into .pdf, add it to an archive or any one of a myriad other generally useless options. Can I delete some of these? Or am I stuck with them? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

PatrickKearney, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 21, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Desktop issue.

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Desktop issue.

1. Desktop issue. - Similar Threads - Desktop issue

2. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  3. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  4. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  5. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  6. Desktop sync issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop sync issues: So i have a basic subscription plan for onedrive which means I have 100gb of cloud storage, however, I've recently found that my desktop takes 30gb of its storage, and I can't unsync it without losing all my desktop icons, if I unlink onedrive I lose all my documents; if...
  7. Desktop sync issues

Desktop sync issues: So i have a basic subscription plan for onedrive which means I have 100gb of cloud storage, however, I've recently found that my desktop takes 30gb of its storage, and I can't unsync it without losing all my desktop icons, if I unlink onedrive I lose all my documents; if...
  8. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  9. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  10. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging