Windows 10: Desktop Item View Size

Discus and support Desktop Item View Size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my desktop I only have one shortcut: Recycle Bin. The thing is, this shortcut size is set to extra-large. I don't see a way to decrease the size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Armon Kavousi, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Desktop Item View Size

On my desktop I only have one shortcut: Recycle Bin. The thing is, this shortcut size is set to extra-large. I don't see a way to decrease the size when I right click it. How can I change the size?

:)

Armon Kavousi, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 9, 2018
  3. change the grid size of the desktop

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

• Right click on Desktop.
    • Click on View and select Small Icons.

Method 2:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under Display, keep the value as 100% for “change size of text, app and other items”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Desktop Item View Size

Desktop Icons are giantt size and layered on top of each other

Hi Gloria,

The size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings might be higher than 100%. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask these questions:

• Which Windows build version do you have?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check the size of text, apps, and other items in the display settings on your computer by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type in Display, and then select Display settings
      from the list of results.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, make sure that it is on
      100% only. If not, change it to 100% by moving the slider from right to left.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Item View Size

1. Desktop Item View Size - Similar Threads - Desktop Item View

2. Viewing Registry Items and Values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing Registry Items and Values: Hello MS Community, I can view various items in regedit.exe but I am unable to find these values using powershell. In Regedit.exe I have more file paths than shown when trying to navigate powershell. When using Test-Path to find these folders it comes up false, but I am able...
  3. Viewing Registry Items and Values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing Registry Items and Values: Hello MS Community, I can view various items in regedit.exe but I am unable to find these values using powershell. In Regedit.exe I have more file paths than shown when trying to navigate powershell. When using Test-Path to find these folders it comes up false, but I am able...
  4. desktop size

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop size: I am using windows for a long time Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons. Not many persons actually move it to the different position from the default. For me it is very usefull. But with it there is one thing very annoing. Almost never apps...
  5. desktop size

desktop size: I have a new Dell Inspiron 3670 running Windows 10. I've noticed that whatever is on my screen is about 1/4 inch too large for the screen so that the scroll bars are off the screen to the right. They can be accessed if I happen to hit just the right spot, bit is hit and miss....
  6. Desktop view

Desktop view: How to I set & lock my desktop in Classic or Tablet view, running Windows 10? (Instead of Tiles). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-view/c923459e-bc86-4dd1-b90a-60d75fdee3de
  7. Thumbnail view size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail view size: Even when I have selected extra large icons the thumbnails are only showing as large icons. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-view-size/57e412f5-d3c6-478a-851f-1c52e74a655e"
  8. Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop

Changing the text size and format of specific items on Windows 1809 desktop: In all versions of Windows prior to the latest Windows 10 version 1809, it was possible to make text and other items larger or smaller and instead of changing the size of everything on the desktop, it was also possible to only change the format and text size of specific items...
  9. size of icons and items on screen

size of icons and items on screen: how can I change the size of the icons on the taskbar and size of items on screen. I have already gone into the upper right corner of screen and used the zoom but it is not working properly....
  10. desktop view

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop view: In W10 .... how do I switch from the start screen (with tiles) to a desktop with conventional icons? 43880