Windows 10: Desktop items are no longer permanent

Discus and support Desktop items are no longer permanent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I login to a single account on my win 10 pro computer, the items I save to desktop are no longer there. When I go to the user directory I see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonaldSony, May 1, 2019.

1. Desktop items are no longer permanent

when I login to a single account on my win 10 pro computer, the items I save to desktop are no longer there.

When I go to the user directory I see my user name and another folder that is TEMP2.<computername>.

From my observations all I am accessing are the desktop and folder items from the TEMP2 account.

What can I do?

:)

RonaldSony, May 1, 2019

2. How to remove All Control Panel Items shortcut on desktop, permanently ?

The All Control Panel Items shortcut keeps coming back on my desktop ! Why ? How to remove it permanently !

MARCEL SAUCIER, May 1, 2019
  3. Do NOT want desktop items permanently removed from my computer after sending them to a documents folder.

I often save images from the internet on my desktop for easy access. I also send them to my "Documents folder" to permanently save them on the computer and then remove them from my desktop to make room and save space. Lately, I notice that a message
    comes up telling me that they "will be permanently removed from my computer"
    if I delete the desktop item and many of those items are directly from an existing file or folder on my computer---NOT an internet file. I WANT THEM SAVED WHERE I SENT THEM, but
    no longer on my desktop. I do NOT want them permanently removed from my computer! This is a serious problem for me and something seems to have been changed without my permission. This was NOT a problem in the past, it only recently began to occur.

TomWilson69, May 1, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop items are no longer permanent

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

Try3, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Desktop items are no longer permanent

1. Desktop items are no longer permanent - Similar Threads - Desktop items are

2. how to get permanent deleted items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get permanent deleted items: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+717003287Damsana Methdinu Perera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-permanent-deleted-items/b36ca441-029b-4fd0-8eca-45e4a851774c
  3. how to get permanent deleted items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get permanent deleted items: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+717003287Damsana Methdinu Perera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-permanent-deleted-items/b36ca441-029b-4fd0-8eca-45e4a851774c
  4. this item has no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this item has no longer available: hello, when i try to install a game from microsoft store on windows 8.1 pro, an error appears sorry , this item has been removed and is no longer available for purchase from microsoft store all apps is no longer available, how can i fix it...
  5. this item has no longer available

this item has no longer available: hello, when i try to install a game from microsoft store on windows 8.1 pro, an error appears sorry , this item has been removed and is no longer available for purchase from microsoft store all apps is no longer available, how can i fix it...
  6. "Could not find this item. This is no longer..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Could not find this item. This is no longer...": How can I delete folders that my computer says, "Could not find this item. This is no longer..." How can I remove them from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-this-item-this-is-no-longer/32bbc4af-4a5b-424b-8af0-b0beaad21d05
  7. "Could not find this item. This is no longer..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Could not find this item. This is no longer...": How can I delete folders that my computer says, "Could not find this item. This is no longer..." How can I remove them from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-this-item-this-is-no-longer/32bbc4af-4a5b-424b-8af0-b0beaad21d05
  8. "Could not find this item. This is no longer..."

9. Item no longer can be found.

Item no longer can be found.: I have tried to delete these out of my folder, as well as tried to change the name. I have also placed the images back in the folder and tried to delete them all and still get the same message. I have tried to delete them in safe mode. I have run several virus scans and...
  10. Item not found, item no longer located in desktop

Item not found, item no longer located in desktop: Hi I was working on a Sibelius file last night and saved it to the desktop. This morning when I tried opening it, I kept getting met with the error "Item not found, item no longer located in C:users\***\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." If I look in...