Windows 10: Desktop items moving after reboot

Discus and support Desktop items moving after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adrian...87, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Desktop items moving after reboot

A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary.

He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were.

I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest feature set.

All drivers are up to date.

I have gone through every step I can find on general help guides -

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/desktop-icons-rearrange-move-after-reboot

as well as everything in this troubleshooting thread -

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e498db18-7299-4f31-aaca-ac93b1596534/windows-10-desktop-icons-moving-to-secondary-monitor

NOTHING has worked.

What else can I do?

:)

adrian...87, Oct 21, 2020

2. Desktop items moving after reboot

A user has two monitors, one 1920 res (primary) and the other 1280x1040 (secondary).

He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were.

I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest feature set.

All drivers are up to date.

I have gone through every step I can find on general help guides -

Desktop icons rearrange and move after reboot in Windows 10

as well as everything in this troubleshooting thread -

Windows 10 - Desktop icons moving to secondary monitor

NOTHING has worked.

What else can I do?

adrian...87, Oct 21, 2020
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Desktop items moving after reboot

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Desktop items moving after reboot

1. Desktop items moving after reboot - Similar Threads - Desktop items moving

2. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.: I usually play games with my friends for example cs:go and I use 1280x1024 in game but normally I use 1920x1080 and one day after I shutdown my game I saw that all of my desktop icons have moved to places they shouldn't be in. I have tried to delete iconcache and it doesn't...
  3. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.: I usually play games with my friends for example cs:go and I use 1280x1024 in game but normally I use 1920x1080 and one day after I shutdown my game I saw that all of my desktop icons have moved to places they shouldn't be in. I have tried to delete iconcache and it doesn't...
  4. Desktop Icons have been moving around after reboot.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop shortcuts and files are moving after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop shortcuts and files are moving after reboot: Hey my desktop shortcut and files are moving in a certain position(not sorted by any means, seems arbitrarily, but everytime the same position) and its driving me crazy. I already searched and found many thread on multiple sites, but nothing helped me. As far as I can tell I...
  6. Desktop icons moving after reboot

Desktop icons moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  7. Desktop items moving after reboot

Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  8. One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    One Desktop Icon Moving after Reboot and Installation of Version 2004: I recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 from Windows Update. Ever since then, there has been one desktop icon (Windows Administrative Tools) that's been moving every time after I reboot my laptop. It jumps over 3 rows to the right and 3 rows up. I've tried every to...
  9. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to drag items / move items from desktop: Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up...
  10. Desktop after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop after reboot: I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot. In both XP and win-7 they...