Windows 10: Desktop keboard just started making clicking sound through the speakers. How do I turn it off.

Discus and support Desktop keboard just started making clicking sound through the speakers. How do I turn it off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Cybertron gaming computer, No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EL108, Dec 31, 2018.

1. EL108 Win User

Desktop keboard just started making clicking sound through the speakers. How do I turn it off.

I have a Cybertron gaming computer, No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up, I closed it, didn't really read it, wish I had now, and now every keystroke comes through the speakers. I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Every internet search takes me to 'How to turn off touch keyboard type sounds' but my computer doesn't even have that as an option for a touch keyboard in settings.

Please help, It's driving me crazy!

:)

EL108, Dec 31, 2018
  2. HannaRise Win User

sounds: speaker and headphones

Hi, Ashrenee.

You can face this issue, when speaker has not been set as default output for sound or if the speaker is an external speaker and it is not compatible with Windows 10.

1) What is the make model of your PC.

2) If they're external speakers then what is the make and model of the speaker?

Also, just to make sure you're setting default correctly:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on “Playback devices” to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled accidentally. Right click and select “Show disabled devices".
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select “enable”.
    • After this, right click on the speaker and click “set as default” option present at the bottom of the same window.

Reply with the Make model of the PC (and/or) the make model of the PC if you need more assistance.

HannaRise, Dec 31, 2018
  3. speakers will not produce sound

Let's start with standard troubleshooting steps with Audio first

Please refer to this Microsoft link and execute the steps.

Help Link -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

The steps are -

Run Windows Audio Troubleshooter

Update / Uninstall Driver

Check cables, volume

Set default device

Turn off Audio Enhancements

Try different audio formats

You can also execute following additional steps

Check Speaker / headphone is not disabled and is set as default

Type Sound in Windows Start Seach box > Click Sound > Under Playback tab, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices > Select Speaker and click on Properties and make sure that it is is enabled > You may also
    check if the Speaker that you are using is set as default.

E for Excel, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Desktop keboard just started making clicking sound through the speakers. How do I turn it off.

Audio Troubleshooter Turned Off My Speakers?!

Hi,

If you're using external speakers, we suggest that you set the device as default. Here are the steps:

• Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results.
    • On the Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.
    See
    Fix sound problems
    for additional solutions you can perform.

If the same instance occurs, kindly perform the following steps on how to completely uninstall and reinstall the sound driver:

• Go to Start Menu > search for Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver > choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Download the latest sound driver from the device manufacturer's website.
    Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Desktop keboard just started making clicking sound through the speakers. How do I turn it off.

1. Desktop keboard just started making clicking sound through the speakers. How do I turn it off. - Similar Threads - Desktop keboard started

2. How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?: Hi I have a problem with keyboards making clicking type noises , I have made sure the Play key sounds as I type Play a sound when shortcut keys are pressed Beep when keys are pressed or accepted Are all turned off and I have no idea what to try next thank you for your help I...
  3. How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?: Hi I have a problem with keyboards making clicking type noises , I have made sure the Play key sounds as I type Play a sound when shortcut keys are pressed Beep when keys are pressed or accepted Are all turned off and I have no idea what to try next thank you for your help I...
  4. How to turn off keboard turbo mod?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off keboard turbo mod?: Hi.I can't type too much because I'm getting a cancer while typing.Currently There is a feature Called: Turbo Mode. It will make your keyboard click repeatedly while holding your keyboard. Unlike the normal keyboard that will just hold the keys. None of Windows Feature Helped...
  5. How to turn off keboard turbo mod?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off keboard turbo mod?: Hi.I can't type too much because I'm getting a cancer while typing.Currently There is a feature Called: Turbo Mode. It will make your keyboard click repeatedly while holding your keyboard. Unlike the normal keyboard that will just hold the keys. None of Windows Feature Helped...
  6. How to turn off keboard turbo mod?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I turn off tap to click?

How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  8. how do I turn off click sound whenever I press a key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I turn off click sound whenever I press a key?: how do I turn off click sound whenever I press a key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-click-sound-whenever-i-press-a/636f885c-6c84-4a41-bd54-77c88fd9c54c
  9. Desktop computer keyboard making a clicking sound through the speaker with typing, how do I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop computer keyboard making a clicking sound through the speaker with typing, how do I...: I have a Cybertron gaming computer, No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up, I closed it, didn't really read it, wish I had now, and now every keystroke comes through the speakers. I can't figure out...
  10. How do I run all my sound through just my left speaker

How do I run all my sound through just my left speaker: Ive come to the conclusion ive blown my right speaker as it is hardout crackling and nothing ive done changes it. I was wondering how can I send all my sound to the left speaker. I tried changing the levels but all that does is turn off the right speaker i dont get the sounds...