Windows 10: Desktop keeps changing

Discus and support Desktop keeps changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently done a fresh install of windows and have still no solutions to my problem. Every time my triple monitor set-up goes to power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I am Bat Man, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Desktop keeps changing

Hello,

I have recently done a fresh install of windows and have still no solutions to my problem.

Every time my triple monitor set-up goes to power save, everything changes.

This happens as soon as the monitors go to sleep/standby, or if i reboot, or if i put the PC to sleep.

My desktop background goes to a generic windows background, or goes to solid black.

My desktop icons re-arrange order and positioning/placement,

My windows theme colors sometimes change, ie the taskbar and menu colors

If i try to set a new background, the desktop background turns and remains black

Photo's opening in windows photo's don't open, and rather there is a black screen as other posts noted a bug with the program, but I think it's related

My monitor arrangement changes

My primary monitor changes

Either all of this occurs at once, or some of it, or only sometimes one thing.

it is entirely random and completely frustrating.

I have tried changing every power setting as instructed in other posts, disabling sleep, disabling hybrid sleep, basically everything i've ever seen mentioned to try, and to no avail.

troubleshooter finds nothing also.

:)

I am Bat Man, Sep 16, 2020

2. icons on desktop keep changing

Hello Norman,

As you are facing issues with desktop icons changing the color on Windows 10 we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to un full system virus scan and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Desktop keeps changing

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Desktop keeps changing

1. Desktop keeps changing - Similar Threads - Desktop keeps changing

2. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  3. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  4. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  6. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  7. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  8. Desktop Background keeps changing.

Desktop Background keeps changing.: In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some random image that i don't even have saved onto my computer. For some reason after a while when i click and hold to select...
  9. Desktop label keep changing to Downloads

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop label keep changing to Downloads: I know that this is not a new, or a unique issue, and tried all the MS suggestions on one of their forums. But so far nothing worked. Already reset everything to default as suggested. Does anyone have any other ideas please? 116926
  10. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons keep changing to Black: Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this? Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer...