Windows 10: Desktop keeps closing and reopening

Discus and support Desktop keeps closing and reopening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday morning when I turned my HP Envy I don't have the model number on it froze up booting up. I turned it off at the surge protector and turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KimybrownXV, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Desktop keeps closing and reopening

Yesterday morning when I turned my HP Envy I don't have the model number

on it froze up booting up. I turned it off at the surge protector and turned it back on. It booted up a little slower than usual, but brought the sign in screen up. I signed in and the desktop came up. But, it and the taskbar keep closing and reopening. I ran a Norton full system scan, it found no viruses. I looked at my scan history. Shortly after a LiveUpdate it shows the user logged out I did not sign out. I read n a Norton Forums post about this happening. That poster had a "'desktop.ini"'file on their desktop after a random live update session." After this he started experiencing the desktop closing/restarting issue. Unfortunately, when I try to reply on the post I get a system error. There is not a "desktop.ini" file on my desktop. I opened the file explorer window to search for it, but, it closed out immediately. The same happened with a shortcut to a search window. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KimybrownXV, Jan 26, 2020
  2. TinaMack Win User

internet explorer keeps closing then reopening

Hi Just downloaded windows 10 I now keep getting internet explorer has to close then it reopens with no reason

Mt BT Desktop help does not recognise window 10 either

Help please

TinaMack, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Window keeps closing, then reopening

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As you have mentioned on the description previously system was working good,
    I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

Kindly get back to us with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Acronis Win User

Desktop keeps closing and reopening

Windows explorer keeps reopening?

After I experienced crash, which was caused I thing due to bad RAM which I replaced then,
    I couldn't repair windows to the state it was.
    I have problems with windows explorer,
    it reopens, almost every time I open WE and then closed it, it reopens again to the same folder.

For example if I click in utorrent 'open containing folder' it will open it and then refresh it to the begining of the file list. When I close the window, it will reopen again.

Also, I cant force WE to remember settings for each folder, (like I used to before crash). In all folders, files are listed as 'date modified' if I try to change to different settings it will not remember, even if I click back and return to folder, it already change to default 'date modified'.

Another thing, icons on desktop are largest, I can decrease the size of icons, but they resset to largest every time I reboot.

I tried SFC /SCANNOW, doesnt find any errors.
    Also scanned with kaspersky boot CD, no problems found.

I was thinking to recover some files from old backup, and to replace existing files, but which files should I recover?

What would be the registry keys that I should look for in order to fix this?

Acronis, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Desktop keeps closing and reopening

1. Desktop keeps closing and reopening - Similar Threads - Desktop keeps closing

2. Trying to reopen account that was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reopen account that was closed: I closed one of my Microsoft accounts today, However I realized I needed something from it. I try to reopen it and I provide the right password and two step verification information. I am able to receive the verification code however when I input the code it says that the...
  3. Trying to reopen account that was closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reopen account that was closed: I closed one of my Microsoft accounts today, However I realized I needed something from it. I try to reopen it and I provide the right password and two step verification information. I am able to receive the verification code however when I input the code it says that the...
  4. Command prompt keeps popping up randomly and chrome keeps closing and reopening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up randomly and chrome keeps closing and reopening: I've been having this issue lately where my command prompt randomly pops up and my chrome just completely closes and reopens at random time intervals. at first when my chrome reopens up no matter what I typed in the search bar or even using google.com directly it always sends...
  5. programs reopen upon close

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs reopen upon close: Hi guys, I have a question about my PC with win10. Every time when I close a program ex Word, Skype, Zoom, it will automatically reopen again. I will have to close it the second time in order to close it completely. Please help, it is annoying. Thanks in advance!...
  6. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it: Hi, I have a question:All of my programs keep closing themselves and reopening after about 3-5 minutes of being opened. This repeats all the time: The program closes itself and reopens itself automatically one second afterwards, then 5 minutes later the same happens again....
  7. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it: Hi, I have a question:All of my programs keep closing themselves and reopening after about 3-5 minutes of being opened. This repeats all the time: The program closes itself and reopens itself automatically one second afterwards, then 5 minutes later the same happens again....
  8. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My screen keeps closing and i need to reopen it as if on sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen keeps closing and i need to reopen it as if on sleep: My screen keeps closing and I need to reopen it as if on sleep, it happens nearly every thirty seconds, I can't work like that!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-closing-and-i-need-to-reopen-it-as/c704b965-bec7-4ca0-b343-3b93848e573c
  10. Notepad keeps reopening

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad keeps reopening: The notepad on my windows 10 keeps reopening.I browsed through the task manager and on the command line I found this: C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\hlfkrt.text Please help me in resolving this 95460