Windows 10: Desktop Keeps Refreshing

Discus and support Desktop Keeps Refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello whenever i open a folder my dekstop / taskbar refreshes.Any ways to fix this ? It's clean install Windows 10 2004version Things I've tried but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VLindemann, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Desktop Keeps Refreshing

Hello whenever i open a folder my dekstop / taskbar refreshes.Any ways to fix this ?
    It's clean install
    Windows 10 2004version

Things I've tried but to no avail
    SFC / Dism / Chkdsk
    Disabling Windows Error Reporting service (some article said it was causing this)
    Disabling OneDrive
    Checked for IDT Sound Driver but dont have one(some article said this could be culprit as well)

:)

VLindemann, Jul 6, 2020
  2. mlh457 Win User

No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

I just reset/refreshed windows 10 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applicaitons would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed
    and the list of desktop programs is not on the desktop.

mlh457, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows Fall Creators 1709 Update FROM Windows 10 Pro 1703 casuing desktop/taskbar to keep refreshing after upgrade?

Hi Andre:

I tried all the steps you provided. Each step completed successfully, however, the desktop and tool bar still continue to refresh. Any other suggestions?

MariaVetri, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop Keeps Refreshing

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

Try3, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Keeps Refreshing

1. Desktop Keeps Refreshing - Similar Threads - Desktop Keeps Refreshing

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  4. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  6. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  7. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  8. Desktop keeps refreshing

Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  9. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  10. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....