Windows 10: Desktop label keep changing to Downloads

Discus and support Desktop label keep changing to Downloads in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know that this is not a new, or a unique issue, and tried all the MS suggestions on one of their forums. But so far nothing worked. Already reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Aug 30, 2018.

1. ineuw Win User

Desktop label keep changing to Downloads

I know that this is not a new, or a unique issue, and tried all the MS suggestions on one of their forums. But so far nothing worked. Already reset everything to default as suggested. Does anyone have any other ideas please?

:)

ineuw, Aug 30, 2018

2. appearance of desktop icon labels

I've inquired previously on this same topic. When I followed the procedure described in the response, I got nowhere; 5he targets of the links listed did not exist.

I want to change the appearance of the labels attached to desktop icons (font ID, font size, bold, italic, color, etc.) How do I do this?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Desktop label keep changing to Downloads

Desktop Shortcut Labels

All my Desktop Shortcut Labels are gone! Also problems with Control Panel Labels, shows graphics only! How do I Reset my Desktop?

Donald M.Koch, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Desktop label keep changing to Downloads

1. Desktop label keep changing to Downloads - Similar Threads - Desktop label keep

2. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  3. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  4. Desktop keeps changing

Desktop keeps changing: Hello, I have recently done a fresh install of windows and have still no solutions to my problem. Every time my triple monitor set-up goes to power save, everything changes. This happens as soon as the monitors go to sleep/standby, or if i reboot, or if i put the PC to...
  5. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  6. Desktop Icon labels

Desktop Icon labels: Desktop Icon labels are shadowed, hard to read. How do I change the font for the icons? I'd prefer a simple Ariel font. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-labels/9c4c706c-65db-4310-834e-ca9ae656f2b4
  7. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?: I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-icon-label-font-on-my-desktop/05486864-d058-4b99-8a25-9cdc5587fb94
  8. Desktop Background keeps changing.

Desktop Background keeps changing.: In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some random image that i don't even have saved onto my computer. For some reason after a while when i click and hold to select...
  9. Changing number labels for monitors

Changing number labels for monitors: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However, after reformatting my computer, the numbers have changed themselves to be 1,3,2 going left-to-right. [ATTACH] This is very...
  10. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...