Windows 10: Desktop lag

Discus and support Desktop lag in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, i got brand new PC, with clean Windows 10 installed. I have installed some drivers for mouse, keyboard, headphones and Nvidia drivers. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThePlayerXCZ, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Desktop lag

Hello, i got brand new PC, with clean Windows 10 installed. I have installed some drivers for mouse, keyboard, headphones and Nvidia drivers. I also have steam installed. My problem is when every one of them is running in background it starts to lag my desktop. It isnt a performance issue, my PC is very high-end. I figured out that when I launch in safe mode, problem is gone. Also when I turn off one or more of the apps it is better. But... the odd thing is that when i click the show desktop button in the right down corner on taskbar when i am on desktop, the problem is gone, but i need to do it everytime i open any app. I think that it has something with overlays of steam and geforce experience. It isnt a big thing but it is annoying. Can you help me?

submitted by /u/ThePlayerXCZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThePlayerXCZ, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 27, 2021
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 27, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop lag

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Desktop lag

1. Desktop lag - Similar Threads - Desktop lag

2. WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP: Hi,I have Trellix DLP solution installed in my laptop. The WhatsApp application will see an immediate spike in CPU usage whenever I open it for use.Here are details of my testing:1. When using the WhatsApp desktop app, specifically when switching between chats, there will be...
  3. WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP: Hi,I have Trellix DLP solution installed in my laptop. The WhatsApp application will see an immediate spike in CPU usage whenever I open it for use.Here are details of my testing:1. When using the WhatsApp desktop app, specifically when switching between chats, there will be...
  4. WhatsApp desktop input lag when installed along with Trellix DLP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  6. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  7. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

8. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  9. Desktop icon highlight lagging

Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  10. Lag on Windows 11 Home 22H2 Desktop

Lag on Windows 11 Home 22H2 Desktop: Ever since buying this PC I have been experiencing frequent lag while using Windows, almost exclusively. While I notice micro stutter when playing games, the lag is incredibly evident when navigating my file system, which frequently stalls to a horrendous extent. Even simply...