Windows 10: Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse

Discus and support Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My desktop and taskbar is lagging right after I insert my mouse in my laptop. It delays the clicking of apps in the taskbar and desktop. It only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dondon laspinas, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse

My desktop and taskbar is lagging right after I insert my mouse in my laptop. It delays the clicking of apps in the taskbar and desktop. It only happens after a boot up from shutdown. I tried reinstalling windows and performing a clean boot, the problem is still there. If I don't insert my mouse, it doesn't even lag. I need help thanks.

:)

dondon laspinas, Jun 25, 2022

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse :)

anticlutch, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse

Mouse lag

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to download and install the latest mouse drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Try to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers. Please follow the steps given below and check if the issue is resolved.

• On the desktop, press Windows key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the
      Device Manager
    • Expand Keyboard and Touchpad.
    • Right-click on the device.
    • Select uninstall and follow the prompted steps.
    • Restart the computer when prompted. This will re-install the drivers.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse

1. Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse - Similar Threads - Desktop Lagging Inserting

2. Mouse Lags After Start-Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Lags After Start-Up: Hi all,I have a strange problem within Win 10, where my mouse starts to lag after boot up. I'll log in, get into my desktop and then the mouse starts to stutter and lag. I have 32GB of RAM, the 10th gen i7, and the RTX 2060 Super, so there is no hardware reason for it to act...
  3. Mouse Lags After Start-Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Lags After Start-Up: Hi all,I have a strange problem within Win 10, where my mouse starts to lag after boot up. I'll log in, get into my desktop and then the mouse starts to stutter and lag. I have 32GB of RAM, the 10th gen i7, and the RTX 2060 Super, so there is no hardware reason for it to act...
  4. Mouse Lags After Start-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse: My desktop and taskbar is lagging right after I insert my mouse in my laptop. It delays the clicking of apps in the taskbar and desktop. It only happens after a boot up from shutdown. I tried reinstalling windows and performing a clean boot, the problem is still there. If I...
  6. Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse

Desktop Lagging After Inserting Mouse: My desktop and taskbar is lagging right after I insert my mouse in my laptop. It delays the clicking of apps in the taskbar and desktop. It only happens after a boot up from shutdown. I tried reinstalling windows and performing a clean boot, the problem is still there. If I...
  7. Lag Mouse on new desktop PC

Lag Mouse on new desktop PC: Never had this problem before. Tried a bunch of recommendations found online, some of them that went deep in the system, but nothing worked. Last thing I tried was to try and move the mouse away from the wifi router but that also did nothing. Not sure if just mouse or other...
  8. Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?: Heyo. I've just updated my PC after a while of outdated software and drivers and somehow I got this issue. Whenever I put my mouse over my icons and move it around, it delays for about a second or two. This is the same with moving them as well. Why is this happening? I've...
  9. Mouse lag after Windows Update

Mouse lag after Windows Update: In 10/08//2020 my Windows 10 updated. Till then everything was working fine. Since then my mouse is laggy. Whan I drag it, it takes a fraction of a second to move. This trouble makes it impossible to use drawing programs, and makes the daily use terrible. I've tried...
  10. Lagging mouse after clean install

Lagging mouse after clean install: Mouse Microsoft wired pointer lags with 'short freezes' after a clean install of Windows 10 Version 1809 or 1909. It always occurs several minutes after the installation has completed but preforms ok until then. Have tried multiple times with same results. Any ideas a...