Windows 10: Desktop lists removable media

Discus and support Desktop lists removable media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In File Explorer, removable media such as card readers, USB drives, etc. are listed under the DESKTOP hierarchy. They were not in prior Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Nov 14, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

Desktop lists removable media

In File Explorer, removable media such as card readers, USB drives, etc. are listed under the DESKTOP hierarchy. They were not in prior Windows versions.

Do others see this? Can they be hidden under that Desktop branch, as the dupe listings are confusing.
    W10 vers 1511.

:)

borgus, Nov 14, 2015
  2. borate Win User

DESKTOP lists removable drives

In the image of the Desktop folder (from File Explorer), note that USB/removable drives E, G, and K are shown.

I understand that certain folders can be hidden, but that's not the intent.

This is what the Desktop folder looks like in Windows 10. The THIS PC folder additionally lists the optical drives.

Desktop lists removable media [​IMG]

Here it is in W7 - same machine, same peripherals. Note that the Desktop folder shows no USB/removable drives.

The COMPUTER folder in W7 - which appears to be renamed to THIS PC in Windows 10 - does contain all the drives.

Desktop lists removable media [​IMG]

borate, Nov 14, 2015
  3. DESKTOP lists removable drives

Hi Borate,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

Please share the details in order to assist you in better way.

• Are you referring to Desktop Hierarchy under Quick Access or This PC ?

I would suggest you to provide us a screen shot for better understanding of issue.

Refer the Article to know how to include screen shot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Desktop lists removable media

1. Desktop lists removable media - Similar Threads - Desktop lists removable

2. ToDo list for desktop and Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ToDo list for desktop and Android: I use ToDo list on my desktop and want to add it to my Android. Desktop logs in with Microsoft 4-digit code that came with computer. Android required password so I set up password. No tasks show up on Android. What do I need to do? Windows 11. Thanks....
  3. ToDo list for desktop and Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ToDo list for desktop and Android: I use ToDo list on my desktop and want to add it to my Android. Desktop logs in with Microsoft 4-digit code that came with computer. Android required password so I set up password. No tasks show up on Android. What do I need to do? Windows 11. Thanks....
  4. Driver List Removal/Disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver List Removal/Disable: Good day all, Does anyone know of a safe & quick way of either removing or disabling the following drivers? - ftdibus.sys - wdcsam64_prewin8.sys - PxHIpa64.sys - SaiH0C2D.sys - tib.sys Due to an incompatibility issue, I am unable to re-enable Memory Integrity, under...
  5. How do I remove desktop in alt tab list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove desktop in alt tab list: For win 10 by the way. submitted by /u/69Eddy69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kms3yn/how_do_i_remove_desktop_in_alt_tab_list/
  6. Add or Remove "Add to Windows Media Player list" Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add or Remove "Add to Windows Media Player list" Context Menu: I just applied this tweak but it only removed the "Add to Windows Media Player list" but not the "Play with Windows Media Player" How to get rid of the latter? 127239
  7. File listed on desktop does not show in desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    File listed on desktop does not show in desktop: When I search my computer for a file, it shows up in the found list with a bunch of numbers and letters after it that mean nothing to me. When I open it and try to save it to the desktop, I'm told that it is already on the desktop. I look for it and its not there. When I...
  8. Remove Media Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Media Devices: Our desktop used to be our only PC. Everyone had an account and logged in to use it. We now all have our own notebooks. I removed all the accounts on the PC but the main admin. We have upgraded to Windows 10. I notice under windows explorer/network there are still old media...
  9. Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange desktop list (shortcut): Is it possible to arrange the order of desktop files/folders in the taskbar >> Button That shows a pop-up menu of all desktop Items? They move up and down constantly but without logic, like a-z sort or last used. 90591
  10. Remove Add to Windows Media Player list Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Add to Windows Media Player list Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Remove Add to Windows Media Player list Context Menu in Windows 10 Add or Remove "Add to Windows Media Player list" Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information To add media files to your Windows Media Player library, you can select the file(s) you would like...