Windows 10: Desktop location is not found

Discus and support Desktop location is not found in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; after the magnification windows (bug installer) the update i cant add anything to my desktop i keep getting file not found and sometimes location not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sami Karaeen, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Desktop location is not found

after the magnification windows (bug installer) the update i cant add anything to my desktop i keep getting

file not found and sometimes location not found

what shall i do i removed the bug installer

i think its the same team who worked on IE who works on windows 10 JUST KILLING ALL Microsoft apps 9 they are so studpid) i think i will move to mac they dont have at least this stupid features the updates

:)

Sami Karaeen, Jan 5, 2019

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Cyndera80 Win User
    Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Desktop location is not found

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Desktop location is not found

1. Desktop location is not found - Similar Threads - Desktop location found

2. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Location not found: There is a folder on my WD external hard drive, whenever I am going to open that folder it says "Location is not available" attaching a screenshot, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location-not-found/be0e58d8-90c8-4262-af0e-39b638de41fb
  3. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Location not found: There is a folder on my WD external hard drive, whenever I am going to open that folder it says "Location is not available" attaching a screenshot, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-location-not-found/be0e58d8-90c8-4262-af0e-39b638de41fb
  4. Folder Location not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File location not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File location not found: Hello! I unpinned some folders from the quick access bar. However, I believed I made the mistake of unpinning an important folder, and now I am unable to find the location of the file on my pc. How do I find or recover the folder and pin it back to the quick access bar? Thank...
  6. File location not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File location not found: Hello! I unpinned some folders from the quick access bar. However, I believed I made the mistake of unpinning an important folder, and now I am unable to find the location of the file on my pc. How do I find or recover the folder and pin it back to the quick access bar? Thank...
  7. File location not found

File location not found: While working on my grad school assignment, I had to x out, but I saved it first. For some reason the file location decided to save inside of my onedrive, which it usually doesn't. In any case, when I went to reopen these files, all it says is that the file location doesn't...
  8. Desktop location

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop location: I installed a programme to my pc and when it asked where I would like to install programme files too I selected desktop. This filled my screen with icons related to the programme and since then I have lost all my desktop. I’ve deleted the programme I installed tried system...
  9. Item not found, item no longer located in desktop

Item not found, item no longer located in desktop: Hi I was working on a Sibelius file last night and saved it to the desktop. This morning when I tried opening it, I kept getting met with the error "Item not found, item no longer located in C:users\***\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." If I look in...
  10. Location is not found.. if the location is on the pc error

Location is not found.. if the location is on the pc error: As of just today, most folders and files from my Downloads section have disappeared-- when I try to click on the folders that appear in my sidebar that are from Downloads, it tells me that the location is not found and gives me the "location is not found" error. This is...