Windows 10: Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

Discus and support Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexanderQuigley, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering if this is an actual feature of the update and not just a weird bug caused by it.
    If this does happen to be a feature then is there any new setting to turn it off?

:)

AlexanderQuigley, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 3, 2020
  3. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, Mar 3, 2020
  4. miquo Win User

Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

why the 5 minutes break?

Hi all, I don’t know if this is a known matter and if there’s a solution.

Normal procedure for locking keypad and unlocking:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to be locked,
    • I press Unlock key (here it’s menu key) and * key (star key) then enter correct Security code 12345.
    • Phone is Unlocked.

Nothing’s easy then this. But what if I type wrong codes for a few times just as a test:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to lock,
    • I press unlock key and * key and enter random wrong codes for a few times (NOT 12345),
    • phone is still Locked due to wrong Security codes with message “Code error”. Good!
    • Now I press Unlock key and *key and this time I enter correct Security code 12345 then ok.
    • But Phone is still Locked with message “Code error”!!!! I retry entering correct Security code 12345 again with no luck.
    • what do I do? I waited 5 minutes and retried entering Security code 12345 again and OMG this time it’s Unlocked. Good.
    • to make sure of this, I repeated steps 1 to 7 and same matter.

Why does the phone lock itself completely on me for 5 minutes that's after a few Erroneous security code test attempts (maybe 3 or 5) even if after this I directly enter correct Code 12345 but it's still locked??

Is there any extra Security code in this case? how to let the phone accept the correct code before 5 minutes?

miquo, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

1. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity - Similar Threads - Desktop Locks Minutes

2. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  3. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  4. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  6. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  7. Laptop keeps showing lock screen after a minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps showing lock screen after a minute of inactivity: Hi all, I've recently encountered this issue and after googling for a few hours, I'm nowhere closer to fixing it. My laptop (MSI GL65 9SC), running Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS build 19042.746, keeps showing the lock screen after about a minute or two of inactivity, prompting...
  8. Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity: title says it all. i changed all the settinga for the lock screen to « never » ,saved the settings, did several back to factory settings, and changed them again, updated all the drivers I could....had two different guys from Microsoft remotly accessing my pc ...they were...
  9. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  10. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...