Windows 10: Desktop locks instantly

Discus and support Desktop locks instantly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a Windows 10 yesterday. Since then the computer locks if the mouse or keyboard is not used for more than 30 seconds. The computer can be unlocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barbarapeschl, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Desktop locks instantly

I had a Windows 10 yesterday. Since then the computer locks if the mouse or keyboard is not used for more than 30 seconds. The computer can be unlocked in the normal manner with pin number. I have tried all the settings, un-installed the upgrade and run a full virus scan, all without success. This is really annoying, if I stop to sip coffee the computer locks and I am forced to go through the unlock process and there is NOTHING in settings to correct or change this.

:)

barbarapeschl, Apr 16, 2020

2. Instantly locking the phone screen

Hi,

I know that there is a feature to lock the phone screen with a time period setting. But there is no way that I can lock the screen instantly. Suppose the time period provided is 30 minutes, phone does not get locked till 30 minutes are lapsed after going
    idle. There should be a feature to lock the screen instantly.

Do anyone one know about this or this feature is not available at all.

Regards,

Gireesh

Gireesh B Tophakhane, May 23, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Throttlestop overclocking Desktop PCs

Has anybody worked on that suggestion of putting together a list of unlocked CPU's?
    I've got an E.S. E5-2650 that appears to be locked and the BIOS on the Motherboard is locked down even tighter.
    I would like to play with it without buying a new board, CPU's can be cheaper.

Caring1, May 23, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Desktop locks instantly

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Desktop locks instantly

1. Desktop locks instantly - Similar Threads - Desktop locks instantly

2. Instantly locked out of Windows for booting into diagnostic mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instantly locked out of Windows for booting into diagnostic mode: I am very angry at the stupidity of all this, but I'll try to keep it together. Let me start by saying this should not happen anymore, ever. It's a serious bug and judging from forums it's been going on since at least 2017. It's happened to me before in a similar situation...
  3. Instantly locked out of Windows for booting into diagnostic mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Instantly locked out of Windows for booting into diagnostic mode: I am very angry at the stupidity of all this, but I'll try to keep it together. Let me start by saying this should not happen anymore, ever. It's a serious bug and judging from forums it's been going on since at least 2017. It's happened to me before in a similar situation...
  4. Locking the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking the desktop: In Windows 10, is there a way to lock the positions of the icons on the desktop? It seems that certain small changes can scatter them all over, seemingly at random. It's a bother to manually reposition them all. I've made it a little easier to recover by taking a screen...
  5. Lock the desktop for Zooming

Lock the desktop for Zooming: Dear all, I am using the ctrl + wheel function with my mouse to zoom on pictures I am working with, which is a nice feature. However, often the zoom is happening on the desktop, messing with all my icons. Is there a way to "lock" the desktop / icons size without disabling...
  6. Locked out of desktop

Locked out of desktop: Have been completely lock out of my desktop for no reason tried every thing given me but cannot get in I can sign into my Microsoft account on my iPad ok have tried hard close down its starts in repair mode but it still asking for my password to continue and it will not...
  7. Desktop Won't Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Won't Lock: Under Settings/Sign-in options, I've set the "Require sign-in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep". Under Settings/Power & sleep, I've set the "Sleep" option to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, it seems to go to sleep as expected, but when I use mouse movement to wake it,...
  8. locked desktop

locked desktop: I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game or do anything. I have to do the ctl-alt del and either select task master or just hit cancel and then I can begin using the...
  9. Instant on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Instant on?: My laptop takes a couple of seconds to wake up from opening. It’s brand new, is there anyway to change this so it’s similar to my Mac which came on instantly? Thanks :) submitted by /u/SgtSilock [link] [comments]...
  10. desktop computer locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    desktop computer locked: I recently changed the memory stick on my desktop computer..now it's asking me for a password i didn't create..it won't even give me a sign option....any suggestions?...