Windows 10: Desktop Logins As New User

Discus and support Desktop Logins As New User in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have an issue where my desktop logins act like we're a new user. All document / file directories are gone, etc. Login this morning was fine. Ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jon Legato, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Desktop Logins As New User

Have an issue where my desktop logins act like we're a new user. All document / file directories are gone, etc.

Login this morning was fine. Ran a folder scan prior to installing a new app. Encountered a "Can't open …" message for windows defender so rebooted.

On logging in, observed "welcome to windows" text and something about updates. Then an edge browser page for "Welcome to windows". Desktop is the blue windows image with app icons; not my folders / documents I was expecting.

Checked recovery options and there's a message stating "this option is no longer available because you PC was updated more than 10 days ago." Odd, because the update history shows windows defender security update KB4052623 Version 3.18.1911.3occurred this morning 1/8/20.

I have a backup connected that requires me to activate when I login. I'm hesitant to do that in case the new login overwrites it's setup on continuous backup my old files with this new profile.

Any recommendations on how I can restore my original desktop documents?

Thank you.

Jon

:)

Jon Legato, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jan 8, 2020
  3. St Alfred Win User
    Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

Michelle, I followed exactly all your steps and when in Safe Mode login to the new user account, the same error message about profile service failure appeared. What do you suggest next.

St Alfred, Jan 8, 2020
  4. marknyy Win User

Desktop Logins As New User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Logins As New User

1. Desktop Logins As New User - Similar Threads - Desktop Logins User

2. Why won't it let a new user login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't it let a new user login?: I've got a new computer. I updated Windows, then tried adding a new Microsoft account user. It added successfully and windows said I'd need to have access to the Internet when they log inSo, I go back to the login screen, and when I select the new user and "sign in", the...
  3. New Desktop login to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Desktop login to Microsoft Account: I just install my new desktop for my work, and I try login to Microsoft account and it said it send the pass code to my work email but i have wait for hours and there is no passcode. Please help me, thank you...
  4. New Desktop login to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Desktop login to Microsoft Account: I just install my new desktop for my work, and I try login to Microsoft account and it said it send the pass code to my work email but i have wait for hours and there is no passcode. Please help me, thank you...
  5. New user login issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New user login issue: I tried to add a new user to my pc with a Microsoft account . But when I clicked sign in it says "search for an app in the store",and then it take back to me at the lock screen. Pls come with an answer. Yatharth...
  6. New User Created on my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Created on my Desktop?: So I noticed this a month ago; I have 2 main users on my computer but now I have a 3rd one titled ' MS ' (I'm assuming this stands for Microsoft). I'm just worried because why is there a new account being created only on my desktop without my notification (I've never ever...
  7. New User login doesnt show

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User login doesnt show: I am using a VM (running a test version of win10 enterprise from the windows website) to learn how to create new users via the computer managment GUI and the powershell. all acounts have been set up and added to the corresponding groups. The issue is that when i log out of...
  8. Create new user on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  9. Creating new user - Login error ??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating new user - Login error ??: Hi there all... I have what I believe is a commonproblem on my Windows 10 I currently only have 1 user (Admin)... when Icreate a new user, I get the login error.. 'User Profile Can Not beLoaded' A search shows me this is a common error, thereare various fixes shown...
  10. Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new user, no desktop or taskbar: Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first log in to as that new user, it takes a very long time, I see the rotating circle of dots, then that goes and I get a black...