Windows 10: Desktop machine shutdown

Discus and support Desktop machine shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; after several minutes like 40 of using my desktop computer, it displays a msg going to sleep, then shuts down completely, until i restart it again, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joshua#, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Joshua# Win User

Desktop machine shutdown

after several minutes like 40 of using my desktop computer, it displays a msg going to sleep, then shuts down completely, until i restart it again, its running on windows 10

:)

Joshua#, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Catper Win User
    ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Desktop machine shutdown

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Desktop machine shutdown

1. Desktop machine shutdown - Similar Threads - Desktop machine shutdown

2. Desktop view during shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop view during shutdown and startup: I have a strange behaviour in my laptop with windows 10 and it is fairly new device.The screen have a memorized an image of desktop and keeps it during shutdown and startup. Its blurry but readable. The image refreshes every now and then depending on the programs being opened...
  3. Case Fan Question For Desktop Machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fan Question For Desktop Machine: Purchased a Noctua 120mm replacement exhaust fan for my Thermaltake V200 RGB case for the reason that i like Noctua fans, and figured probably cool better than the Stock 120mm Fan that came with case. Would it be wise to then place the former Stock 120mm Rear Exhaust fan as...
  4. Desktop PC Shutdown Randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop PC Shutdown Randomly: My PC has been shutting down randomly. The PC ran for a while but the screen was off. I had to manually turn off the power button on the back of the PC to cut the power and hit the power button to turn on the PC to restart. I reverted the Windows update to a previous version,...
  5. Windows 10 machine not shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 machine not shutdown: Hi. My acer Nitro-5 an515-52 has shutdown problem. When I shut down my laptop, it undergoes the usual shutdown process, with the blue screen saying "shutting down" etc. BUT starting from last week, after undergoing the usual shutting down processes, my machine didn't turn...
  6. desktop shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shutdown: My desktop keeps restarting itself, it shuts down and my screen becomes dark and then it comes back on again, and when i have my file explore on, it shuts that too. How do i fix that and make it stop?...
  7. desktop shutdown

desktop shutdown: About a couple weeks ago my desktop computer stopped being able to shut down through the start menu, I have to physically press the power button. If I try to shut down any other way, the computer will only restart. I've tried changing the power settings to not restart if...
  8. Connecting Desktop Machine to Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting Desktop Machine to Server: I'm having issues connecting a desktop to the server. I finally was able to add it to the domain, so I'm running off the "LinearMortgage.local" network, but when I go to Network on the PC, it only shows two of the other users machines on the Network, not the server or any of...
  9. Desktops clear upon shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktops clear upon shutdown?: I am thinking of setting up multiple desktops for my different workflows (I do a lot of complex things from stocks to programming), each with special layouts that I find bothersome to reopen every time I want to switch activities. Is there a way for these layouts to stay even...
  10. Best way to shutdown machines automatically?

Best way to shutdown machines automatically?: Hello, in a school enviroment, many computers are being left on over night. The machines have a group policy for 'User prefrence to put computers to sleep after X' time however this does not work when nobody is logged on and it sits on the login screen, tried to do this for...