Windows 10: Desktop Manager is not active

Discus and support Desktop Manager is not active in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot find the way to fix this I have tried the other post however when I access services I do not have the Desktop manager file loaded I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JOANNEPHELPS, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Desktop Manager is not active

I cannot find the way to fix this

I have tried the other post however when I access services I do not have the Desktop manager file loaded

I am tearing my hair out and I don't have that much to start with so any help would be appreciated

:)

JOANNEPHELPS, Jun 29, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 29, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Desktop Manager is not active

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Manager is not active

1. Desktop Manager is not active - Similar Threads - Desktop Manager active

2. Desktop Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Device Manager: so i have a issue where DWM desktop windows manager is using nearly 100% of GPU i have tried all the fixes to no avail. the thing is if i open windows settings it goes down to 5%. I close settings and it instantly jumps back up? this make zero sense to me. any help greatly...
  3. Desktop Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Device Manager: so i have a issue where DWM desktop windows manager is using nearly 100% of GPU i have tried all the fixes to no avail. the thing is if i open windows settings it goes down to 5%. I close settings and it instantly jumps back up? this make zero sense to me. any help greatly...
  4. Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Window Manager: I am troubleshooting my gaming PC with various issues that I have noticed. Before starting, here is the system specs.CPU: Ryzen 9 5950XMotherboard: ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIIIRAM: 64GBGPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080OS: Windows 11 Home Version 21H2, Build 22000.1098Running...
  5. Desktop window manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager: I accidentally deleted uDWM.dll.Every time i start my computer it just comes up as a black screen with just my cursor.I tried entering the recovery menu by pressing f11, but it still led me to a black screen with my cursor.Is there anything I can do to solve the...
  6. Color managed desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color managed desktop: Do you think that this new pathetic Windoze eleven will finally have fully color managed desktop enviroment? Or they have budget only for new icons, rounded UI elements and centered start menu? Increasing number of people are buying wide color gamut monitors with or without...
  7. Desktop Windows Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager: In my PC's Taskbar Desktop Windows Manager consuming more and more RAM which sometimes goes up to 1 GB and PC becomes slow plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-windows-manager/80371beb-50ba-46aa-924e-43b44195e96c
  8. DESKTOP MANAGER

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP MANAGER: HOW DO I TURN IT ON https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-manager/8391a724-be2a-4306-b006-5db150e819c2
  9. desktop window manager

desktop window manager: Desktop Window Manager is not listed under services.msc. How can I get DWM back? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager/64b6be44-ffac-4195-9e4a-c89f77448c10
  10. Desktop manager

Desktop manager: How do you open more than one desktop? I was able to do so before the latest update and now i just can figure out how to get this desktops open. Is there a way to getting to the previous versions when i was able to do so? i hate this new version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dest top manager is not active

2. desktop manager is not active

3. desktop is not active

4. desktop manager not active windows 10