Windows 10: Desktop messed up on startup

Discus and support Desktop messed up on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I've been having an issue with my desktop icons arrangement for a while. Normally, I never use a predefined sorting method such as by name, size,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Real Thế Anh, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Desktop messed up on startup

Hello,I've been having an issue with my desktop icons arrangement for a while. Normally, I never use a predefined sorting method such as by name, size, item type... and custom sort the desktop icons myself. It used to work normally: I sort the icons, and they stay where they are when I restart the computer. But for quite a while now, the icons automatically re-arrange themselves in no particular order whenever I restart, and there's nothing I can do about that.Here is my custom-sorted desktop:Here is the desktop when I restart "Auto-arrange icons" turned on:Here is the desktop again when I r

:)

Real Thế Anh, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 23, 2021
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    CHKDSK messed up

Continue with zbook's excellent instructions.

But if you want to try and get into the BIOS again just to check:
    From your product's website:
    Opening the Startup Menu during system startup on computers

Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

You should get this option:

Desktop messed up on startup [​IMG]

Also: please don't forget to answer Golden's question regarding how the keyboard is connected.

4. JOE1865 Win User

Desktop messed up on startup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Desktop messed up on startup

1. Desktop messed up on startup - Similar Threads - Desktop messed startup

2. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  3. Messed up moving location of Desktop

Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  4. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  5. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  6. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  7. Peek At Desktop messed up

8. Messed up desktop on resume from sleep/startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messed up desktop on resume from sleep/startup: I'm trying to help a friend with an odd ongoing issue. When waking up the computer after it has been a sleep for a while, the desktop come up looking extremely messed up -- it's like there are two of the same desktop icons stacked on each other but slightly offset, and the...
  9. Game Pictures on desktop messed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Pictures on desktop messed up.: Yesterday I went online and found one of those weird font generator things, I copied it and renamed 3 things on my desktop, and today, I opened booted up, and the little picture on my desktop for all of them are weird globe looking things. I also bought wallpaper engine the...
  10. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...