Windows 10: Desktop microphone jack

Discus and support Desktop microphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ryan Pickles, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Desktop microphone jack

So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i plugged it in I got madder and madder because it would not show up in the recording devices. I also could find it in playback devices the device manager. Im lost... did i pass over something or am i doomed because it has a headphone jack.

Side note: Im not Einstien when it comes to electronics i know only the basics, most of what i tried was from online. So if your going to answer im gonna need more descriptive instructions.

PLEASE HELP!!

:)

Ryan Pickles, Jan 30, 2020

2. microphone jack not working

So i finally decide to buy a headset, and i plugged the headphone jack into the audio jack which works,but when it comes to microphone jack it don't work.
    it doesn't show that its a headset on windows 7 audio device, so i thought i'll try my case sound jacks..but i have 2 connectors on the case 1 is AC_97 and another is HD_Audio and i don't know which one i plug into i only have one F_audio connector on my motherboard,is that even the right socket to get my case audio jack to work?
    Someone help me please

kurosagi01, Jan 30, 2020
  3. No sound from desktop front jack headphones or microphone

Hi Stephen,

I understand that you are facing issues regarding the sound. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you make any changes in the system settings prior to this issue?

3. Is the Speakers or Microphone visible in the Playback Tab or Recording Tab?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2: You can also try setting up internal speaker as default and check the status of the issue.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on “Playback devices” to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled accidentally. Right click and select “Show disabled devices”.
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select “enable”.
    • After this, right click on the speaker and click “set as default” option present at the bottom of the same window.
    For Microphone as default follow all the steps given from the above method but select the Recording devices in the second method.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Desktop microphone jack

How to use microphone jack as audio jack?

Hello Jon,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Please be informed that Microphone input cannot be used as a line out for audio.

At this point, fixing/replacing the jack manually or finding an alternative with Microphone input might not be the best of the solutions.

I suggest you to refer to the manufacturer for additional information and assistance on the same.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Desktop microphone jack

1. Desktop microphone jack - Similar Threads - Desktop microphone jack

2. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  3. How to fix Jack microphone not inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Jack microphone not inserted: Hi I am having issues as my headphones microphone is not working because my jack microphone is not plugged in even though it is please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-jack-microphone-not-inserted/300ec776-c578-4e74-8011-ecdd11dd7340
  4. Microphone array only digital jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array only digital jack: Hello guys, I have bought a new laptop acer nitro 5 an515-57 i5 series, but I have problems with the mic driver, the mic driver says digital jack which means it only records on the laptop's onboard mic, is there a solution to this problem? I've tried to download the driver...
  5. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  6. headphone and microphone jack both not working

headphone and microphone jack both not working: my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers as being plugged in, but no sound would come out. but now, even when i plug in speakers and microphones, they dont even show...
  7. Microphone jack won't work

Microphone jack won't work: So I'm currently using an earphone for my pc and I plugged it into the headphone jack to listen. But when I tried plugging another earphone in the mic jack, the pc doesn't pick up any sounds at all, both front and rear audio jacks. I tried going to settings and properties of...
  8. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  9. My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack: So I installed windows 10 on a pc from vista ultimate , and after the installation I didn't have any speaker device but two microphones, I installed the updates to the latest and I don't know what to do...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...