Windows 10: Desktop microphone not working

Discus and support Desktop microphone not working in Cortana to solve the problem; I am using a HP pavilion x360 which is running on windows 10 home.My desktop microphone has stopped working. People cannot hear my voice on various... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ROHAN_0, May 11, 2021.

1. ROHAN_0 Win User

Desktop microphone not working

I am using a HP pavilion x360 which is running on windows 10 home.My desktop microphone has stopped working. People cannot hear my voice on various online platforms during meetingsdiscord/microsoft teams/google meet. Cortana cannot hear me. I also tried recording my voice on Voice recorder which i downloaded from Microsoft store. None of this works.Please help me in resolving this issue.

:)

ROHAN_0, May 11, 2021

2. Microphone not working with my desktop

Hi Matt,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: to determine whether the issue is related to microphone, I suggest you to connect the microphone to different computer and also connect the different microphone to your computer, check whether the issue persist
    or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 11, 2021
  4. Desktop microphone not working

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Desktop microphone not working

1. Desktop microphone not working - Similar Threads - Desktop microphone working

2. Microphone not working in desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working in desktop apps: Hi!I have been facing problems with my microphone. It is working well while recording, testing in all UWP apps installed from Microsoft store. But it is not working in any of my browsers including Edge. I have tried Opera, Brave, Chrome. None of them are working with my mic...
  3. Desktop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Microphone not working: My windows laptop microphone stopped working. It won't work on my meetings and zoom, and even Cortana can't hear me. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-microphone-not-working/4891691d-2608-459c-9c2e-f5ca25ac765a
  4. Desktop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Microphone not working: My windows laptop microphone stopped working. It won't work on my meetings and zoom, and even Cortana can't hear me. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-microphone-not-working/4891691d-2608-459c-9c2e-f5ca25ac765a
  5. Desktop Microphone not working

6. Microphone not working on desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working on desktop apps: I have a lenovo ideapad330-15lkb 81DE running windows 10 enterprise x64 and am having problems with the microphone on desktop applications.My problem is mostly with discord, telegram, and microsoft edge which are the applications I usually need my microphone for. When trying...
  7. Microphone not working on desktop apps

Microphone not working on desktop apps: I have a lenovo ideapad330-15lkb 81DE running windows 10 enterprise x64 and am having problems with the microphone on desktop applications.My problem is mostly with discord, telegram, and microsoft edge which are the applications I usually need my microphone for. When trying...
  8. Desktop Microphone No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Microphone No Longer Working: Today, my microphone was working fine when all of a sudden, it decided to totally stop working. The last thing I remember doing that could possibly have to do with it is that I was clearing some of my storage, which could have possibly contained some software regarding my...
  9. desktop problem on the microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desktop problem on the microphone not working: Hi.my pc desktop microphone not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-problem-on-the-microphone-not-working/39c68203-d9ad-4cd1-bfc9-f93275301a44
  10. USB Desktop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Desktop Microphone not working: So I just recently bought a desktop microphone that uses a USB plugin. I was following the instructions to set up the microphone, which said to go to the recording tab under the sound settings in the control panel. My problem is that I am unable to see the microphone. I do...