Windows 10: Desktop Missing

Discus and support Desktop Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop has the start menu across the whole screen and my desktop is missing, any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Laurenc03, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Laurenc03 Win User

Desktop Missing

Hi, My laptop has the start menu across the whole screen and my desktop is missing, any ideas?

:)

Laurenc03, Oct 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Desktop Missing

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Missing

1. Desktop Missing - Similar Threads - Desktop Missing

2. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  3. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  4. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, I've noticed that the Recycle Bin icon is missing from my Windows 10 desktop. I didn't delete it, but it's nowhere to be found, and I can't seem to restore it. I've checked the desktop icon settings, but Recycle Bin is not listed there either. Can someone please help...
  5. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, I've noticed that the Recycle Bin icon is missing from my Windows 10 desktop. I didn't delete it, but it's nowhere to be found, and I can't seem to restore it. I've checked the desktop icon settings, but Recycle Bin is not listed there either. Can someone please help...
  6. Missing Recycle Bin Icon on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop: Has anyone experienced this too? When moving desktops in Windows, some of the icons on the taskbar sometimes disappear, sometimes they appear again....
  8. Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop

Missing icon in taskbar when change desktop: Has anyone experienced this too? When moving desktops in Windows, some of the icons on the taskbar sometimes disappear, sometimes they appear again....
  9. System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection: I have a brand new, Lenovo Windows 11 Pro 23H2 workstation fresh out of the box. Everything working great EXCEPT Remote Desktop Connection. When I try to open RDP, I get the message "the system cannot find the file specified" C:\\Windows\System32\<LANG_NAME>\mstc.exe.MUIThis...
  10. System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection

System32 Missing mstsc.exe.mui for Remote Desktop Connection: I have a brand new, Lenovo Windows 11 Pro 23H2 workstation fresh out of the box. Everything working great EXCEPT Remote Desktop Connection. When I try to open RDP, I get the message "the system cannot find the file specified" C:\\Windows\System32\<LANG_NAME>\mstc.exe.MUIThis...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regenerate profile w10 1809 desktop icons missing