Windows 10: desktop mode stuck

Discus and support desktop mode stuck in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy Notebook with Windows 10. This is a laptop, but does NOT have a detachable keyboard. It does have touch mode which I never use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SMVail1, Jul 22, 2018.

1. SMVail1 Win User

desktop mode stuck

I have an HP Envy Notebook with Windows 10. This is a laptop, but does NOT have a detachable keyboard. It does have touch mode which I never use. However sometimes it spontaneously goes to tablet mode, and I cannot go back to desktop mode easily. I use the "Setting > System > Table mode" screen. The first question is "When I sign in", and I say "use desktop mode". The second question is "When the device automatically switches table mode on or off". I try first "Don't ask and don't switch", which I think should get me the desktop mode. No, I am still in tablet mode. I try "Always ask before swiching". No, I am still in tablet mode. I try "Don't ask and always switch". No, I am still in tablet mode. When I open the Action Center, the icon for Tablet Mode is grey (off) the whole time (not blue for Tablet mode on). I then try "Sign in" as "Use appropriate mode for hardware" and try all three options for the second question about switching. Always in tablet mode.

At some point (usually well into the night) it rights itself. Until now. For three days I am stuck in tablet mode. I would really like some help.

:)

SMVail1, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jul 22, 2018
  3. After windows update desktop stuck on tablet mode.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did the issue started after installing any Particular Windows Update? If yes, please provide the KB number of the Windows Update?
    To find the KB number of the Windows update
    please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

I would suggest you to try changing the mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to change the mode:

• On the bottom right of the task bar click on
      open Notification Center

• From the notification menu, if Tablet mode is highlighted click on the
      Tablet mode.

• This will help it to get back to Desktop mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jul 22, 2018
  4. desktop mode stuck

Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

desktop mode stuck

1. desktop mode stuck - Similar Threads - desktop mode stuck

2. Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode: I recently got a new windows 11 desktop computer and I can’t get it out of tablet mode. I have a rog ally on my windows account that uses tablet mode and the new system seems to be using that for settings even though I selected my old pc when setting up Windows It takes the...
  3. Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop stuck in tablet mode: I recently got a new windows 11 desktop computer and I can’t get it out of tablet mode. I have a rog ally on my windows account that uses tablet mode and the new system seems to be using that for settings even though I selected my old pc when setting up Windows It takes the...
  4. Desktop stuck mirroring mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop stuck mirroring mode: Today when powered up my second screen is mirroring the main screen on my Acer Desktop. Running windows 10. In display setting it shows screens 1/2 in one icon and I cannot detect or alter any settings. Have powered on/off, disconnected power, HDMI cables etc with no effect....
  5. Desktop stuck mirroring mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop stuck mirroring mode: Today when powered up my second screen is mirroring the main screen on my Acer Desktop. Running windows 10. In display setting it shows screens 1/2 in one icon and I cannot detect or alter any settings. Have powered on/off, disconnected power, HDMI cables etc with no effect....
  6. Desktop stuck mirroring mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Desktop is stuck...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is stuck...: I am using Windows 10 latest version, as of this posting, on an all-in-one Acer desktop. I turned on my computer today. Once I logged in, my background came up, with no desktop icons. I am not in tablet mode and and there aren’t tablet apps. It is a totally blank screen,...
  8. My desktop is stuck in airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop is stuck in airplane mode: My desktop does not let me turn airplane mode off. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-stuck-in-airplane-mode/526831ee-2d87-4e32-b99c-b70f1799af46
  9. PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program...: I have an asus PC with Windows 10. Only 1 user account on it, with NO administrator privileges. PC hardware is working fine (I guess), I say this because I can perfectly use this PC with a different operating system if booted from pendrive. So the issue lies in Windows. Boot...
  10. Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Pro Desktop PC Stuck in Airplane Mode. No Airplane Mode Toggle?: As the title suddenly I cannot connect and have the airplane mode on. I have no wireless installed on the machine. Clicking it in the tray does nothing. Its seems to be grayed or shaded. I have no toggle for it in network settings. I have to restart to get online but it...