Windows 10: desktop monitor not turning on

Discus and support desktop monitor not turning on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a docking station connected to a desktop, and for some reason the desktop is not turnng on saying the video cable is not plugged in but it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cynthia Martinez, Sep 14, 2018.

1. desktop monitor not turning on

i have a docking station connected to a desktop, and for some reason the desktop is not turnng on saying the video cable is not plugged in but it is. W?hat can i d

:)

Cynthia Martinez, Sep 14, 2018

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Problems with cut/paste in multi-monitor desktops

There is a feature called snap that you can turn off. You can click on Start > type Display Settings, click on it > Multitasking > Snap. There you can turn it off and see if it helps.

As for setting a different wallpaper for each monitor you have, kindly follow the steps below:

• To start, right-click on the desktop of either monitor and select Personalize from the context menu.
    • Settings will open to the personalization section where you'll want to choose Background from the list on the left. Then scroll down to select your picture. There you can browse for additional wallpapers too.
    • Once you've found the ones you like, right-click one and select the monitor you want it set as the background.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

desktop monitor not turning on

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

desktop monitor not turning on

1. desktop monitor not turning on - Similar Threads - desktop monitor turning

2. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Monitors: Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these don't have the image quality I'm looking for. It seems that only phones, laptops and tablets have these screens. I know about the...
  3. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Monitors: Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these don't have the image quality I'm looking for. It seems that only phones, laptops and tablets have these screens. I know about the...
  4. Desktop Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  6. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  7. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Monitors not turning on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors not turning on: everytime I turn on my computer / monitors one of them just doesn't show I've tried everything I even plugged in a different monitor and changed hdmi cords and changed to a display port nothing works I am on windows version 19044.1586 submitted by /u/SeaFennel9658 [link]...
  9. Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.: This has happened three times now. But once hard booted it turns on with no issues. Is it possible that the power strip the desktop is plugged into is not giving the PC enough power to fully boot? It is an old power bar. I ask this because I had the same issue with my Xbox...
  10. no monitor turn on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    no monitor turn on: New build Gigabyte GA-H170M-DH3, checked-double checked everything. With disk in drive monitor will not turn on. Do I have a bad motherboard? Also fan on Intel I3 runs normal then slows then speeds up. Any ideas? 67124