Windows 10: desktop monitor not turning on

Discus and support desktop monitor not turning on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a docking station connected to a desktop, and for some reason the desktop is not turnng on saying the video cable is not plugged in but it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cynthia Martinez, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Cynthia Martinez Win User

desktop monitor not turning on

i have a docking station connected to a desktop, and for some reason the desktop is not turnng on saying the video cable is not plugged in but it is. W?hat can i d

:)

Cynthia Martinez, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Jomel_Santos Win User
    Problems with cut/paste in multi-monitor desktops

There is a feature called snap that you can turn off. You can click on Start > type Display Settings, click on it > Multitasking > Snap. There you can turn it off and see if it helps.

As for setting a different wallpaper for each monitor you have, kindly follow the steps below:

• To start, right-click on the desktop of either monitor and select Personalize from the context menu.
    • Settings will open to the personalization section where you'll want to choose Background from the list on the left. Then scroll down to select your picture. There you can browse for additional wallpapers too.
    • Once you've found the ones you like, right-click one and select the monitor you want it set as the background.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. desktop monitor not turning on - Similar Threads - desktop monitor turning

2. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  3. Desktop Monitor & Shortcuts

Desktop Monitor & Shortcuts: How to resize a desktop monitor in windows 10? How to create shortcuts in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-monitor-shortcuts/c5f6581e-55cd-4adc-823d-aef54c57256e
  4. Desktop Icons Moving After Computer Wakes or Monitor is Turned Back on

Desktop Icons Moving After Computer Wakes or Monitor is Turned Back on: Hi all, Problem: Desktop Icons move back to the left (default) side of the screen after customizing. this happens when the the computer is put into sleep mode and is woken up or when the monitor is turned off and turned back on. I upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64bit from...
  5. Connecting monitor to desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting monitor to desktop: I am sorry if this is a basic question. I am looking to get a new desktop machine and waiting for machines to come out with the new OS pre installed. I have had laptop machines for so long now where you don't need to worry about monitor connections. But with the new machine...
  6. no monitor turn on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    no monitor turn on: New build Gigabyte GA-H170M-DH3, checked-double checked everything. With disk in drive monitor will not turn on. Do I have a bad motherboard? Also fan on Intel I3 runs normal then slows then speeds up. Any ideas? 67124
  7. Monitor randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor randomly turning on: I've only had this issue since installing Win10, did not have this issue with 7 or 8. I have the monitor set to turn off either after 10 minutes of idle, or 1 minute after locking the computer. With 7 and 8, it stayed off until I woke it with the keyboard or mouse. With 10,...
  8. Monitor turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on by itself: Ever since I installed Win10 the monitor has been turning on by itself between 3 and 5 am every night, or 3 minutes after login after a reboot if it is off at the time. Except on days immediately after a noticeable win10 patch. It is turned off physically, not by the system....
  9. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252
  10. Turning off monitor messes up my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off monitor messes up my desktop icons: Hi. I know this is common issue and it's not even considered as "bug", because someone who has no brain thinks it's a good feature. So the problem, is that I have 2 monitors. Asus 4k (3840x2160) connected over DisplayPort and Asus 1080p monitor over DVI, whenever I turn my...