Windows 10: Desktop Monitors

Discus and support Desktop Monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Panny, May 27, 2023.

1. Desktop Monitors

Does anyone know if there's a Windows compatible monitor that has the glossy surface, preferably 27 inches? All I see are matte screens, but these don't have the image quality I'm looking for. It seems that only phones, laptops and tablets have these screens. I know about the Surface Pro but I don't need a pc - just the monitor.

:)

Chris Panny, May 27, 2023

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 27, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 27, 2023
  4. Swapna S Win User

Desktop Monitors

Desktop shortcuts appear on external monitor instead of pc

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in getting
    desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

This issue might occur due to default settings where you are not able to view the desktop shortcuts on the PC, you are looking for.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions for better assistance:

• Which edition of Windows are you working with?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

• Plug in the second monitor which physically sits to the left of your primary screen

• Right click the desktop, choose
      Graphic Options>Output To>Extended Desktop> Built-in display + Monitor.

• Extended desktop enabled, but screen 2 (on the left) can only be accessed by moving the cursor to the right.

• Right click the desktop and choose
      Graphic Properties - choose 'Multiple Displays' from the side menu.

• Move monitor 2 from its default
      'Right' side to the left – all the icons go with it
      to screen 2 but the taskbar stays on the primary monitor.

• Click 'Apply' to accept this (temporarily) - close the
      'properties' window.

• Right Click the desktop, but this time choose
      'Screen Resolution'. Ensure that screen 2 is to the left - if not, move it.

• Click on screen 1 and ensure it says
      'This is currently your main display'

• Click on screen 2 and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar should move to screen 2.

• Finally click on Screen 1 again and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar and
      all the icons should move back to screen 1.
    I would like to Inform/suggest, Press the
    Windows key + P, and then choose a way to project:

• PC screen only
      – All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on primary monitor/Desktop.

• Duplicate- Desktop Shortcuts that is on primary monitor/Desktop will replicate on Secondary monitor too.

• Extend- Primary monitor will be extended to Secondary monitor. But all the desktop shortcuts will appear only on primary monitor. (If you want to have the desktop
      shortcuts that’s on primary monitor on secondary monitor, you can just drag the shortcuts from primary to secondary monitor and check if that helps).

• Second screen only- All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on Secondary monitor/Desktop.
    Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in getting desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Desktop Monitors

1. Desktop Monitors - Similar Threads - Desktop Monitors

2. I have a new hp desktop pc kind that has a monitor & keyboard bought in 2015 never out of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new hp desktop pc kind that has a monitor & keyboard bought in 2015 never out of...: Bought a new hp desk top pc it ha a monitor & a keyboard.what should I do when I open this up to use today? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-hp-desktop-pc-kind-that-has-a-monitor/6cd06858-4f5f-4b44-bb41-658a3f236475
  3. I have a new hp desktop pc kind that has a monitor & keyboard bought in 2015 never out of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new hp desktop pc kind that has a monitor & keyboard bought in 2015 never out of...: Bought a new hp desk top pc it ha a monitor & a keyboard.what should I do when I open this up to use today? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-hp-desktop-pc-kind-that-has-a-monitor/6cd06858-4f5f-4b44-bb41-658a3f236475
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  5. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  6. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 desktop - BSOD Hypervisor every time I try to use a USB-C DP monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop - BSOD Hypervisor every time I try to use a USB-C DP monitor.: I have a Windows 11 desktop, with an Asus X670 Hero motherboard, 64GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7950x CPU, Nvidia 4090 FE GPU. I got an portable monitor last week and when I try to plug it in using USB-C Display Port over USB-C the pc will crash withing 1-10 seconds. It recognizes the...
  8. Windows 11 desktop - BSOD Hypervisor every time I try to use a USB-C DP monitor.

Windows 11 desktop - BSOD Hypervisor every time I try to use a USB-C DP monitor.: I have a Windows 11 desktop, with an Asus X670 Hero motherboard, 64GB Corsair Ram, AMD 7950x CPU, Nvidia 4090 FE GPU. I got an portable monitor last week and when I try to plug it in using USB-C Display Port over USB-C the pc will crash withing 1-10 seconds. It recognizes the...
  9. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...
  10. How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop

How to paste file onto secondary monitor's desktop: Hello, I've been having this issue for a while now and finally thought to ask how to change it here.Right now I am working with 2 monitors. Often times I want to paste a file onto the desktop of my secondary monitor, but whenever I do that, the file moves to my primary...