Windows 10: Desktop name was change, why?

Discus and support Desktop name was change, why? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was troubleshooting a problem and found that my Desktop name was changed. How do I change it to something else?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #ndr3wMag&l20n, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Desktop name was change, why?

I was troubleshooting a problem and found that my Desktop name was changed. How do I change it to something else?

:)

#ndr3wMag&l20n, Oct 8, 2018

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Desktop name was change, why? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Desktop name was change, why?

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Desktop name was change, why?

1. Desktop name was change, why? - Similar Threads - Desktop name was

2. How to change "sharing" name of the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change "sharing" name of the Desktop?: My Desktop folder is indeed named Desktop, but when I copy file locations, I get instead שולחן העבודה in HebrewIf I go to my Desktop's properties, I see this, but I still can't change it from thereThis causes a lot of problems with many programs for me, how do I change this?...
  3. How to change "sharing" name of the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change "sharing" name of the Desktop?: My Desktop folder is indeed named Desktop, but when I copy file locations, I get instead שולחן העבודה in HebrewIf I go to my Desktop's properties, I see this, but I still can't change it from thereThis causes a lot of problems with many programs for me, how do I change this?...
  4. How to change "sharing" name of the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change "desktop" name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change "desktop" name?: Hi! Im russian and my windows 11 doesn't allow me to change system language to English. So with russian language path to my desktop in terminal looks like "C:\Users\zuteh\OneDrive\Рабочий стол>". "Рабочий стол" means "desktop", I want to change it to english, cause I think...
  6. How to change "desktop" name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change "desktop" name?: Hi! Im russian and my windows 11 doesn't allow me to change system language to English. So with russian language path to my desktop in terminal looks like "C:\Users\zuteh\OneDrive\Рабочий стол>". "Рабочий стол" means "desktop", I want to change it to english, cause I think...
  7. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  8. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": Why is the name of the folder under Users = "change name"?? See attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/8f767542-c7b9-4baa-8f8b-e4b2eaa7f240
  9. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": This is the only User on my PC besides "Public". Why is it "change name"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/e7070d11-0079-48fe-8e56-9459ec15b114
  10. can't change desktop icon names

can't change desktop icon names: Whenever I try to change the name of desktop icons, it asks for admin rights (I have them, only user on Windows, admin), I give it and then the whole computer just hangs until I restart explorer.exe from Task Manager. Anyone else having the same problem? Any solution or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened the name of my desktop changed the number is different