Windows 10: Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing

Discus and support Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Maybe someone can help please. When I switched my desktop on this morning I was greeted with just a flashing dvd drive light. No bios, no boot, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jan van de Venter, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing

Maybe someone can help please. When I switched my desktop on this morning I was greeted with just a flashing dvd drive light. No bios, no boot, no keyboard no mouse just a flashing dvd drive light. I removed everything that can be disconnected, mouse, keyboard, hard drive, dvd drive and battery on motherboard. Nothing helped. Any suggestions please? Thank you in advance

:)

Jan van de Venter, Nov 4, 2021

2. No mouse or keyboard in Win 10, recovery tool not booting

My PC has suddenly started booting up without reading the mouse or keyboard. All other USB devices are disconnected, I can use mouse and keyboard in BIOS, but once Win 10 is loaded they are not read. The LEDs remain lit on them, but if I boot without them
    plugged in, then attach the mouse and keyboard, the LEDs do not light. Obviously, without a keyboard, most of the help suggestions aren't viable.

I have made a Win 10 .ISO DVD using the recovery tool, but the system does not read from it, even if I use F8 and select it is boot option. DVD is selected as primary boot in BIOS, and if I load old Windows 7 disk it boots fine. In BIOS with the Windows
    10 disc, it lists a P4: ATAPI CD/DVD, but when the Win 7 disc is in, it also lists a P4: EVFI (or similar) ATAPI device, which will boot (but the Win 7 disc can't repair the Win 10 installation).

I confess my backup disks haven't been kept up to date, and if I could copy the data, I'd be happy with a clean install (Windows 10 has always taken a few restart/repair cycles to load).

Jacks huttleworth, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Win 10 booting from DVD or Flash drive

I have upgraded a Lenovo G40-70 from 8 to 8.1 to 10. All is well except I am unable to set either a DVD or Flash drive as the first boot option. I have tried every suggestion on the internet, upgraded my BIOS and nothing works. It always boots from the boot
    manager.

The bios says the flash drive is activated, but it still will not boot from the flash drive.

Thomas McGranahan, Nov 4, 2021
  4. OnBoard Win User

Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing

P55A UD3 Problem Booting DVD Drive

You went to bios and selected the dvd drive as first boot up ?) cd-rom doesn't cut it, has to be that exact drive from the list.

OnBoard, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing

1. Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing - Similar Threads - Desktop bios boot

2. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  4. Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing: Maybe someone can help please. When I switched my desktop on this morning I was greeted with just a flashing dvd drive light. No bios, no boot, no keyboard no mouse just a flashing dvd drive light. I removed everything that can be disconnected, mouse, keyboard, hard drive,...
  5. Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop no bios no boot no keyboard no mouse only dvd drive light is flashing: Maybe someone can help please. When I switched my desktop on this morning I was greeted with just a flashing dvd drive light. No bios, no boot, no keyboard no mouse just a flashing dvd drive light. I removed everything that can be disconnected, mouse, keyboard, hard drive,...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...
  7. Logitech V220 Mouse Red Flashing Light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech V220 Mouse Red Flashing Light: It has red flashing light even though a new battery is installed the mouse doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-v220-mouse-red-flashing-light/2e32e507-7cab-4278-a44a-96be5b30cfdd
  8. Bsod-could'nt boot in to bios -shows flashing white hyphen like light

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod-could'nt boot in to bios -shows flashing white hyphen like light: Good Evening guys, My ASUS G74SX having this issue just showing flashing white hyphen like light on the screen, not booting in to Bios too! This all happened after upgrading from windows7 10 Pro, so Formated the SSD completely, trying to Clean install of windows 7 through...
  9. flash drive -- no light

flash drive -- no light: I bought a new Sandisk Cruzer 64 gb flash drive. But the little light on it does not work (in any USB port on any computer). When I google this, all the articles talk about a failed flash drive. But the drive works perfectly. All my computers recognize the drive and files...
  10. Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS

Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS: I have been unable to use my mouse and keyboard at the desktop. This problem began when my computer began to slow down about 10 minutes after I booted it up. When I tried to open different windows such as My Computer or access the Task Manager, they would all freeze. Even...