Windows 10: Desktop not being in User folder

Discus and support Desktop not being in User folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, Im currently using an Asus laptop, just want to clear that out. For some reason, my desktop is in the C:\Users\myusername\OneDrive and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eugene O.., Mar 4, 2024.

1. Desktop not being in User folder

Hello there, Im currently using an Asus laptop, just want to clear that out. For some reason, my desktop is in the C:\Users\myusername\OneDrive and I want the desktop to be in myusername place, without being in the onedrive, how do I do that?

:)

Eugene O.., Mar 4, 2024

2. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Mar 4, 2024
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop not being in User folder

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Desktop not being in User folder

1. Desktop not being in User folder - Similar Threads - Desktop being User

2. Desktop not being in User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not being in User folder: Hello there, Im currently using an Asus laptop, just want to clear that out. For some reason, my desktop is in the C:\Users\myusername\OneDrive and I want the desktop to be in myusername place, without being in the onedrive, how do I do that?...
  3. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  4. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  5. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  6. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder

Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder: while trying to move Desktop folder from one drive to another I accidently merged the two. I then followed the directions in the following link and succeeded in separating the two using registry...
  8. Duplicate user folder on desktop

Duplicate user folder on desktop: I recently reinstalled windows 10 21H1 because I had some system file corruption. After I was sure everything was ok I removed Windows.old using the remove function in settings/storage/temp files. I noticed that there is a folder on my desktop with my user name. It is the...
  9. Deleted user folder being recreated.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user folder being recreated.: Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is: "C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat" Anyone know how to...
  10. Deleted user folder being recreated.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted user folder being recreated.: Hi All I deleted one of my users. However old folder is being recreated every time Windows Search service is restarted. File which is causing that is: "C:\Users\DELETED_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TextHarvester\TextHarvester. dat" Anyone know how to...