Windows 10: Desktop not found after update.

Discus and support Desktop not found after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on my notebook on the SSD. I also have an HDD for storage. Windows automatically updated itself, but now when i turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gaspar Adragna, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Desktop not found after update.

I have Windows 10 installed on my notebook on the SSD. I also have an HDD for storage.

Windows automatically updated itself, but now when i turn on the computer it says desktop is missing.

Its trying to boot from the HDD i think.

I tried to disable the HDD boot but it didn't work.

The boot priority is SSD first.

I dont know what to do since it wont let me do anything.

Thanks

:)

Gaspar Adragna, Nov 28, 2018

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 28, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Desktop not found after update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 28, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Desktop not found after update.

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Desktop not found after update.

1. Desktop not found after update. - Similar Threads - Desktop found update

2. Unknown item Found on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown item Found on desktop: Hello ,I recently saw a new item on my desktop and i don't what is this and how they is on my pc this item is name as FixDotNet20210607065542756 please help me to understand what is this and when i open this item this contain some file i attached the screen short of a item...
  3. WiFi not found after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not found after Update: I am able to connect to my WiFi just after Windows update. I troubleshooted many times it didn't work. I couldn't WiFi options during troubleshooting and i couldn't find WiFi driver in device manager...
  4. external monitor not found after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external monitor not found after update: My laptop updated on 8/13/2020. After the update my HDMI monitor no longer connected to the laptop. I have tried to use "detect" but the laptop just doesn't seem to be able to find the monitor. I have follow all the steps, changed out the HDMI cord, switched ports to no...
  5. no desktop found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no desktop found: windows 10 update left me with an error message that my desk top cannot be found help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-found/172804fb-dbd8-4cd2-be13-01227af8f841
  6. Bluetooth device not found after update

Bluetooth device not found after update: My Akasa AK-ICR-11 device simply disappeared from the PC after Windows 10 upgrade. I can't find it even in Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-not-found-after-update/f5faf8b5-4edb-47a6-8ea1-2e01fdd71574
  7. printer drivers not found after update

printer drivers not found after update: Hi. Just had an update installed and now my system can't seem to find my printers. My business is at stake because we need to print orders and shipping labels. Any advice is greatly appreciated....
  8. whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whatsapp desktop ask for an update, but no update found on microsoft store: I can't use whatsapp desktop on my laptop anymore. When I launch it, it asks for an update. But when I try to find and install an update, the store says the software is already installed and I can only launch it again, which prompts another "update whatsapp" message. I am...
  9. Desktop location is not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop location is not found: after the magnification windows (bug installer) the update i cant add anything to my desktop i keep getting file not found and sometimes location not found what shall i do i removed the bug installer i think its the same team who worked on IE who works on windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 No desktop found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 No desktop found: My Dell laptop started saying no network found, but now it's saying no desktop found. My screen is completely black and I can't do anything. Please help!!!!!...