Windows 10: Desktop not loading after 1903 update

Discus and support Desktop not loading after 1903 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Looking for ideas! After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DieselPower8, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Desktop not loading after 1903 update

Looking for ideas!

After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop doesn't load. The toolbar and start appears but flickers on and off every second continuously as if it's crashing then reloading.

I can ctrl+alt+del and get into task manager and then start explorer.exe however nothing else loads and I never arrive at my desktop. I can't get to settings from explorer either. I can open cmd if needed.

What I've tried: *Startup repair. *Uninstall the update - this wouldn't complete. *System restore.

The problem persists however. Any way I can rebuild my profile? Help!

submitted by /u/DieselPower8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DieselPower8, Nov 9, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Nov 9, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 9, 2019
  4. varxtis Win User

Desktop not loading after 1903 update

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Desktop not loading after 1903 update

1. Desktop not loading after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Desktop loading 1903

2. desktop wont fully load after update restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop wont fully load after update restart.: my desktop wont fully load and is stuck trying to. this happened after a update restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wont-fully-load-after-update-restart/28098ade-6c39-41a9-9eb8-87f01d87a42d
  3. desktop wont fully load after update restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop wont fully load after update restart.: my desktop wont fully load and is stuck trying to. this happened after a update restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wont-fully-load-after-update-restart/28098ade-6c39-41a9-9eb8-87f01d87a42d
  4. After Update Restart , Desktop not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update Restart , Desktop not loading: Desktop is not loading and refreshing again and again ,just able to open Edge which is on desktop but no other app .I can't open settings also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-restart-desktop-not-loading/4072d107-ebcf-4914-a5c3-98cbd0bab669
  5. After Update Restart , Desktop not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Update Restart , Desktop not loading: Desktop is not loading and refreshing again and again ,just able to open Edge which is on desktop but no other app .I can't open settings also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-restart-desktop-not-loading/4072d107-ebcf-4914-a5c3-98cbd0bab669
  6. Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steam friend list cannot load after update to 1903?: I faced problem when I cannot load Steam friend list/chat. It might be problem after update to 1903. Steam support sent me here after I mentioned it happened after I updated the system to 1903: "Hello Steam support team, I have problem with friends & chat tab/window. I tried...
  7. New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update: Cannot, using Rt Clk menu on Desktop (or a Folder0 to get create a New Folder, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-folders-from-desktop-after-1903-update/d6bb3483-c5d3-4e39-8a06-cb2357bb863b"
  8. Update 1903 - Slow loading session

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 - Slow loading session: Hello ! I have a problem with the 1903 update. When my profile loads, it puts a lot of time (1 min +/-). Before It was 3-4 seconds (I have an SSD). I tried to go back to the previous version of Windows and there is no problem. My profile loads directly. I reinstalled 1903...
  9. Chrome won't load after 1903 update

Chrome won't load after 1903 update: After the windows 1903 update, chrome won't load a single site, or VERY occasionally, it will load 1 website and then stop again. I have searched for hours but no one seems to have a solution...
  10. The desktop takes ages to load after each update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The desktop takes ages to load after each update: I have had windows 10 for a while. However, a while ago, the desktop often takes ages to load after update. When I switch my laptop on, it is pretty quick to get onto the login screen. After logging in, a black screen comes on for ages (10 minutes or so) before the desktop is...