Windows 10: desktop not loading

Discus and support desktop not loading in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, I tried to extract files on my desktop. I accidentally extracted it to my desktop instead of extracting it in a folder on my desktop. Now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RavenPaboroquez, Sep 13, 2019.

1. desktop not loading

Recently, I tried to extract files on my desktop. I accidentally extracted it to my desktop instead of extracting it in a folder on my desktop. Now my desktop is not loading nor showing any icons.

:)

RavenPaboroquez, Sep 13, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 13, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 13, 2019
  4. TIVVEY Win User

desktop not loading

slow loading desktop

I tried the clean boot it didn't resolve slow desktop loading issues in Windows 10. Any other suggestions?

TIVVEY, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

desktop not loading

1. desktop not loading - Similar Threads - desktop loading

2. The context menu of shortcut takes too long to load on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    The context menu of shortcut takes too long to load on the desktop: On the desktop, when I right-click any shortcut icons, it can take from 3 seconds to a minute to load the context menu. That's too long. In the folder, my right-click is responded right-way. Why can't the desktop work in the same way?...
  3. MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.: During loading, latest picture of London, River Thames appears then sound goes and crash to desktop every time at same point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs-crashes-to-desktop-during-loading/dc94099f-d843-4241-a7ad-953e81b121f1
  4. Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login: I've had this laptop for like 3-4 years and it started not loading just recently. I do the regular startup, put in my password, my desktop wallpaper loads and the toolbar at the bottom, but no icons. The toolbar doesn't load properly since I can't select anything there and...
  5. Desktop wont load after loging in. Only shows on restart but won't show up when manual...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop wont load after loging in. Only shows on restart but won't show up when manual...: My Laptop is HP15s EQ117AU. 3 weeks old laptop. Before I posted this. I tried SFC Scannow and Image Cleanup scan health and it shows no error. Used malwarebytes for full scan including rootkit, scanned using Mcafee and Windows Defender and it shows no virus or malwares....
  6. My windows 10 Desktop programs wont load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 Desktop programs wont load: programs I try to start open for a second then Close. I Have Reset And Restarted windows a few times and nothing changes. This Issue started about Tuesday or Wednesday after a windows update. now im going to type a list of thing i cant open --- Edge any none app all other 3rd...
  7. I extracted a winrar file and Desktop won’t load.

I extracted a winrar file and Desktop won’t load.: When i extraced the file on accident it overloaded my desktop. Everything else still works all of the apps open up. I looked at other peoples problems and they said to restore it to a previous save of windows. But the problem is i dont have any previous saves of windows....
  8. When PC loads no desktop Icons, can't open anything.

When PC loads no desktop Icons, can't open anything.: Hi, The problem. When I load up my pc I get a blank desktop with no icons, just the windows taskbar. When I click on the taskbar apps nothing opens, if I try to open settings it doesn't open. Basically, nothing opens. I cant go to Control + ALT + Delete. If I keep...
  9. Opening Windows 10 desktop icons fine at first, then after a while they don't load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Windows 10 desktop icons fine at first, then after a while they don't load: I've got an Acer Aspire A515 laptop that recently has developed an annoying glitch. I start it up, everything loads fine. I start using apps by clicking on icons on my desktop. Then after about 6-10 times of closing and re-opening a frequently used app like Google Chrome,...
  10. File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer doesn't load, desktop icons don't have thumbnails, and things like settings...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrazyCatSkits [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kv7y7g/file_explorer_doesnt_load_desktop_icons_dont_have/