Windows 10: Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

Discus and support Desktop not resizing to my game resolution. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I play CSGO at 1440x1080, I don't like playing at 16:9 but suddenly I can't enter the game without changing the resolution for the whole desktop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrunoOliveira_614, May 11, 2020.

1. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

So I play CSGO at 1440x1080, I don't like playing at 16:9 but suddenly I can't enter the game without changing the resolution for the whole desktop to 1440x1080 manually, while before I would just click the game, it would automatically resize and I could play, but now I have a whole another layer of "work", and as a VFX artist I cannot be changing my resolution in the middle of editing/rendering a video, I've tried looking at my settings, and everything is fine, I looked at a lot of guides online but nothing helped me.

:)

BrunoOliveira_614, May 11, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Vista resizing desktop

Every time I exit an older game or 3d Mark 06 the desktop resizes to 1/4 of my screen resolution. This only occurs when using windows dreamscene movie in in the background (pause or play does not matter).

It is not a huge problem but I have to open Catalyst control center and change to a smaller resolution and then once again back to the native resolution.

Is there a fix for this?

Desktop not resizing to my game resolution. attachment.jpg

P4-630, May 11, 2020
  3. S WMARR Win User
    Windows 10 desktop Icon resizing?

I found out how to resize desktop icons, see below ,

To change the desktop icons take the steps below:

· Right click on an empty area of the desktop

· Select ‘View’

From here we will have three options:

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

When you select the options listed above the icons will change based on the size selected.

S WMARR, May 11, 2020
  4. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Desktop not resizing to my game resolution.

1. Desktop not resizing to my game resolution. - Similar Threads - Desktop resizing game

2. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop resolution.: My desktop and active resolutions are both shown to be 1920 1080 which gives me a good display. When I turn on the computor it changes and the icons are bigger and display is slightly out of focus. if I restart it is then back to 1920 1080. How do I save the 1920 1080...
  3. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop resolution.: My desktop and active resolutions are both shown to be 1920 1080 which gives me a good display. When I turn on the computor it changes and the icons are bigger and display is slightly out of focus. if I restart it is then back to 1920 1080. How do I save the 1920 1080...
  4. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Resizing Items on the Desktop

Resizing Items on the Desktop: I am using Windows 10. Just got a new Desktop with a 27" monitor. I thought the larger monitor would give me more space. It did not. Everything is just bigger! How can I resize things on my Desktop so that I can fit more Windows, icons, etc.? I tried Display settings...
  6. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  7. Game bar resizing based on resolution of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar resizing based on resolution of games: Ive fixed the issue in the past but now a friend of mine is having it and I dont remember what I did to fix it, the issue is as simple as if you open a game that doesnt have the right resolution for your screen (we both use tvs) the game bar becomes huge and unusable while...
  8. Desktop Resolution

Desktop Resolution: Since Win10 upgraded I can't get any more than 1280 x 1084. I used to get 1920 x 1200. I can't find a setting anywhere that will let me get back to that. Any ideas? Thanks...
  9. DSR Game resolution moving desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DSR Game resolution moving desktop shortcuts: Hi everyone. My monitor is a native 1080p monitor so I have my desktop set at 1920 x 1080 however when I launch a game like BF1/Rainbow six siege I have the screen resolution at 2560 x 1440 however a new issue has arisen since updating to windows 10 Anniversary update...
  10. Desktop resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop resolution: When I load Excel, though the desk top is crisp, the Excel panel is fuzzy (clearly wrong resolution set) When I load Google Earth it tells me that the "Desktop resolution is set to less than 1024X768. Under "Settings" the display is at 1920X1080 so what is wrong? Anyone have...