Windows 10: desktop not showing up.

Discus and support desktop not showing up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] please help me in getting out of this trouble. My desktop has disappeared and this error pops up every time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wajidbaigal, Feb 20, 2021.

1. desktop not showing up.

desktop not showing up. faee4cbe-30bf-4da2-bae0-2313abc2119f?upload=true.png

please help me in getting out of this trouble. My desktop has disappeared and this error pops up every time.

:)

wajidbaigal, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Feb 20, 2021
  4. desktop not showing up.

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

desktop not showing up.

1. desktop not showing up. - Similar Threads - desktop showing

2. Co pilot replaces show desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Co pilot replaces show desktop: How do I get the co pilot to replace the show desktop it’s on the taskbar next to the search bar and I see people having it replace the show desktop. I’m on windows 11 home do I need to be on pro to get it to be over there....
  3. Co pilot replaces show desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co pilot replaces show desktop: How do I get the co pilot to replace the show desktop it’s on the taskbar next to the search bar and I see people having it replace the show desktop. I’m on windows 11 home do I need to be on pro to get it to be over there....
  4. Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive: Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-not-does-not-shows-on-my-desktop-i-save-it/57c4452a-64e1-4444-9c97-8a40a8db6b80
  5. Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive

Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive: Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-not-does-not-shows-on-my-desktop-i-save-it/57c4452a-64e1-4444-9c97-8a40a8db6b80
  6. Why my not does not shows on my desktop? I save it on my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. three random user profiles showed up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    three random user profiles showed up on my desktop: Title. All of them were named DESKTOP/string of numbers and had nothing in them besides the base stuff like when you first make a profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-random-user-profiles-showed-up-on-my-desktop/1ec0d92d-f651-4692-aebd-c0dced4bf2a3
  8. three random user profiles showed up on my desktop

three random user profiles showed up on my desktop: Title. All of them were named DESKTOP/string of numbers and had nothing in them besides the base stuff like when you first make a profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-random-user-profiles-showed-up-on-my-desktop/1ec0d92d-f651-4692-aebd-c0dced4bf2a3
  9. Why does the Win 10 Event Viewer keep showing me attempted impersonations on my desktop? HELP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Win 10 Event Viewer keep showing me attempted impersonations on my desktop? HELP.: 03/04/24 @10:13 pm Central -- The following is what Event Viewer showed about 10 mins. ago, pertaining to 'impersonation.' This is the 3rd year this has happened. Usually, I wind up reinstalling the entire thing, but it's getting tiresome. To me, 'impersonation' translates to...
  10. Why does the Win 10 Event Viewer keep showing me attempted impersonations on my desktop? HELP.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does the Win 10 Event Viewer keep showing me attempted impersonations on my desktop? HELP.: 03/04/24 @10:13 pm Central -- The following is what Event Viewer showed about 10 mins. ago, pertaining to 'impersonation.' This is the 3rd year this has happened. Usually, I wind up reinstalling the entire thing, but it's getting tiresome. To me, 'impersonation' translates to...