Windows 10: desktop not working

Discus and support desktop not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I dragged a .zip folder onto my desktop and accidentally extracted everything onto my desktop and now nothing works I can only open applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItzVibezz_, Jun 14, 2021.

1. desktop not working

I dragged a .zip folder onto my desktop and accidentally extracted everything onto my desktop and now nothing works I can only open applications

:)

ItzVibezz_, Jun 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 14, 2021
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

desktop not working

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

desktop not working

1. desktop not working - Similar Threads - desktop working

2. Left-click on desktop mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left-click on desktop mouse not working: The left-click on my desktop Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Right click will open a browser but left click will not access anything on the page. Unable to open Windows Live Mail because of this also. Thanks in advance for any advice. My apologies for clicking any of the...
  3. Sculpt Comfort Desktop Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse - Mouse left button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Comfort Desktop Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse - Mouse left button doesn't work: I bought Sculpt Comfort Desktop Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse on August 2019 and since this May 2021 I am having issues with the mouse left button.or the button doesn't click or it does double click.I tried to change batteries and all other articles on the Forum.How could...
  4. Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC: [ATTACH]Sometimes a few unexpected issues happen to our Windows 11/10 PC. We cannot exactly find the reason behind them. Some issues that happen with the mouse are such issues. Many users are complaining that they cannot click on Desktop and the mouse click works only on...
  5. Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch

Local Printer Redirection to Remote Desktop for Mac Not Working After Spooler Service Patch: Hi Everyone,Hope you are doing well and safe. Recently I have noticed that a lot of people who are using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application for Mac, no matter the version of macOS or Microsoft RDP App, whenever trying to redirect local printers that are perfectly...
  6. Windows Desktop and Apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop and Apps not working: In the last month or so my PC Windows 10 has been starting to act really weird. Whenever I login the screen is just black and the only thing I can do is open the CTRL + ALT + DEL options. It takes about an hour and multiple restarts for it to finally load.Another thing which...
  7. Closing Multiple Desktops Using Win + Ctrl + f4 Not Working

Closing Multiple Desktops Using Win + Ctrl + f4 Not Working: After accidentally opening up 400 new desktops on my computer, I tried searching up ways to fix this issue, all of which required me to press win + ctrl + f4 repeatedly to close desktops. I tried this at first, but after waiting the command seemed to have done nothing. I...
  8. Shortcut keys not working on Desktop...

Shortcut keys not working on Desktop...: Hello, I upgraded my PC to 21H1 recently , and I have started facing some problems one after the other... And now I am unable to use an shortcut keys while on the Desktop like the Home Screen on the Windows 10. I am unable to use the shortcut keys like:- F5 RefreshF2 Rename a...
  9. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer: Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue has left me quite frustrated so really sorry if I didn't provide enough details about the issue. Basically out of the blue the...
  10. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer: Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue has left me quite frustrated so really sorry if I didn't provide enough details about the issue. Basically out of the blue the...