Windows 10: desktop not working

Discus and support desktop not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I dragged a .zip folder onto my desktop and accidentally extracted everything onto my desktop and now nothing works I can only open applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItzVibezz_, Jun 14, 2021.

1. desktop not working

I dragged a .zip folder onto my desktop and accidentally extracted everything onto my desktop and now nothing works I can only open applications

:)

ItzVibezz_, Jun 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 14, 2021
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

desktop not working

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

desktop not working

1. desktop not working - Similar Threads - desktop working

2. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...: Hello.I have an issue with Windows 10 RDP.I have 2 computers on a local network, Computer B and computer C. I connect to this network using a VPN solution.Computer B has a username and password. I have no problems connecting to this computer.Computer C doesnt have a password,...
  3. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...: Hello.I have an issue with Windows 10 RDP.I have 2 computers on a local network, Computer B and computer C. I connect to this network using a VPN solution.Computer B has a username and password. I have no problems connecting to this computer.Computer C doesnt have a password,...
  4. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows emoji panel doesn't work on a remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows emoji panel doesn't work on a remote desktop connection: The Windows emoji panel will be shown if you press Windows logo key + . period After that, you can select an emoji to put it into an input box, for instance, Notepad.This feature doesn't work on a remote desktop connection RDP. In other words, after selecting an emoji, it...
  6. Windows emoji panel doesn't work on a remote desktop connection

Windows emoji panel doesn't work on a remote desktop connection: The Windows emoji panel will be shown if you press Windows logo key + . period After that, you can select an emoji to put it into an input box, for instance, Notepad.This feature doesn't work on a remote desktop connection RDP. In other words, after selecting an emoji, it...
  7. Desktop Refresh option not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Refresh option not working in Windows 11: [IMG]It can be frustrating if the desktop refresh option is not working in Windows 11. This feature is essential, at times, for keeping your desktop up to date with the latest changes. All you need to do is select the option from the right-click context menu or press F5, and...
  8. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  9. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  10. Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work

Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work: I'm using an iPad Pro 5. Gen. & iPadOS 17.3.1 and Microsoft Remote Desktop for working on a Windows 10 system. The mouse device is a Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse. All is running fine, but the middle mouse button does not work. With another Remote Desktop system Jump Desktop...