Windows 10: Desktop on WiFi

Discus and support Desktop on WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I setup my desktop to be on wifi versus ethernet cable?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dbk_24, Oct 18, 2019.

1. dbk_24 Win User

Desktop on WiFi

How do I setup my desktop to be on wifi versus ethernet cable?

:)

dbk_24, Oct 18, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Oct 18, 2019
  3. USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

Hi there i will check for wifi adapter on that desktop. Thing is im not there at the moment so dont have access to desktop at the moment.

Thanks i will most likely get that one i suggested then. Because i thoguht i wouldnt even need those speeds.

paulyjustin, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Desktop on WiFi

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Desktop on WiFi

1. Desktop on WiFi - Similar Threads - Desktop WiFi

2. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.: My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found. Im not sure if this helps but, my IPv4 has wifi connection and my IPv6 says it has no network access. I really have no idea what I can do to fix this, I was hoping I could get some help,...
  6. My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.

My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.: My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found. Im not sure if this helps but, my IPv4 has wifi connection and my IPv6 says it has no network access. I really have no idea what I can do to fix this, I was hoping I could get some help,...
  7. My desktop pc cannot connect to my ethernet/wifi. It says there is no ip address found.

8. The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...: I've tried updating everything, restarting my computer, reinstalling the driver and reinstalling it, resetting the settings, changing the settings, I've tried everything I can think of. I've reset the modem, and it has the internet and full bars on every other device besides...
  9. The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...

The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...: I've tried updating everything, restarting my computer, reinstalling the driver and reinstalling it, resetting the settings, changing the settings, I've tried everything I can think of. I've reset the modem, and it has the internet and full bars on every other device besides...
  10. WiFi in hotel frequently disconnects momentarily only on Win10 desktop

WiFi in hotel frequently disconnects momentarily only on Win10 desktop: I'm living in a Marriott hotel for two years now, same room, same desktop computer, same everything. The WiFi has been stable and fast all along except when their main control room has had an issue. Recently their system had an issue and since then, for about two weeks now,...