Windows 10: desktop on windows 10 is not displayed

Discus and support desktop on windows 10 is not displayed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open the computer, the desktop is not displayed. Instead the downloads page of google chrome is appearing. That page is not closing. If I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sree_atsd, Oct 20, 2020.

1. sree_atsd Win User

desktop on windows 10 is not displayed

When I open the computer, the desktop is not displayed. Instead the downloads page of google chrome is appearing. That page is not closing. If I click the icon on the right side of the page it is showing my computer window. I am unable to see desktop and taskbar. I am unable to see minimised tabs also. Even windows manager is not opening if I press windows button in keyboard. If I want to off the computer I have to directly press the power button to shutdown the computer. Please help me on this issue

:)

sree_atsd, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the screen resolution and check if it helps.

• Right click on Desktop and select “Display Settings”.
    • Under Display settings click on “Advanced Display Settings”.
    • Under resolution select the resolution as ‘1966*1080’ and save the changes.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2020
  4. desktop on windows 10 is not displayed

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

desktop on windows 10 is not displayed

1. desktop on windows 10 is not displayed - Similar Threads - desktop displayed

2. Desktop Icons Arrangement for different Displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Arrangement for different Displays: Hello Community, I am using following setup: Surface Pro 5th Gen Intel Core i7 @ 2.5 GHz 16 GB Ram 64-Bit 512 GB Storage Windows 10 Pro Workspace 1 home office: Connected to 2nd Display via Surface Dock 2 only show on Display 2 Workspace 2 school office: Connected...
  3. Items on desktop appearing on whichever display I don't have set to be my main display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Items on desktop appearing on whichever display I don't have set to be my main display: After installing some software and doing some updates on directX and stuff, somehow all of the items on my desktop got switch to my external display. If i go into display settings and set the external monitor as my main display, the items get switched back to my laptop...
  4. Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep: My display for my desktop is dim every time the computer is brought back from sleep mode. The only information I can find only pertains to laptop users with adaptive brightness controls. The only work around is to shut down the computer every time instead of using sleep mode....
  5. Window displayed on all desktops becomes "sticky" when it is in foreground while switching...

Window displayed on all desktops becomes "sticky" when it is in foreground while switching...: Hi, I refer to behavior enabled by "Show this window on all desktops" and "Show windows from this app on all desktops" options. It's very useful when I want some chat app, music player or other generic thing to be on all desktops, in multiple contexts. But if I switch such...
  6. Delayed Desktop Display Time

Delayed Desktop Display Time: My Desktop Windows 10 was running smoothly, until recently something happened, that it takes 5-6 minutes for the display to come up and then everything runs like normal. Previously the display would come within seconds. Please advise how to resolve this situation....
  7. Right-clicking on desktop does not work and displays loading mouse.

Right-clicking on desktop does not work and displays loading mouse.: Every time i right click on my desktop it keep showing the loading icon on the cursor I went on the regedit to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and found this: "{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}" instead of new, i deleted everything...
  8. Project my WIN10 desktop PC to my smart TV ; the link "connect to a wireless display" is...

Project my WIN10 desktop PC to my smart TV ; the link "connect to a wireless display" is...: .. I would like to project =screen mirror my Windows 10 PC desktop PC, HP to my Smart TV Panasonic 32FS600-Series .. which is shown in my private home network in the Windows Explorer in the network settings. .. I have made shure that the Desktop PC is Miracast compatible/...
  9. Display Winver on Desktop Workstations

Display Winver on Desktop Workstations: Greetings, How can I display Winver on all desktop workstations? Co employees always asking to Winver and i'm tired of it. Any help will be appreciated. ~budib...
  10. Delayed Desktop Display Time

Delayed Desktop Display Time: My Desktop Windows 10 was running smoothly, until recently something happened, that it takes 5-6 minutes for the display to come up and then everything runs like normal. Previously the display would come within seconds. Please advise how to resolve this situation....