Windows 10: Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

Discus and support Desktop opening page flashes at start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What could be the matter with my laptop? When I try to start it, it flashes off and on. I cannot get it to respond to anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suzanna Steinke, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

What could be the matter with my laptop? When I try to start it, it flashes off and on. I cannot get it to respond to anything.

:)

Suzanna Steinke, Apr 12, 2020

2. Flashing desktop.

Hi Brain,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to uninstall drivers with the exclamation mark in Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Locate the malfunctioning device or device with the exclamation mark in the list of devices, right click on that device, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes.
      Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    Reference: Refer to the following response created by Rohit Chettri on
    Desktop screen flashes on and off.

Desktop screen flashes on and off

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

4. Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

1. Desktop opening page flashes at start-up - Similar Threads - Desktop opening page

2. Gigabyte BIOS page is opening on the start-up of the pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gigabyte BIOS page is opening on the start-up of the pc: My pc was working fine 2 days back. Today when I try to start it,only this screen is visible. when I am doing save and exit, same page is opening again. Don't know what goes wrong. my pc have only 1 nvme SSD of 250gb, no harddrive. When I am checking in the peripheral> NVME...
  3. Gigabyte BIOS page is opening on the start-up of the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gigabyte BIOS page is opening on the start-up of the pc: My pc was working fine 2 days back. Today when I try to start it,only this screen is visible. when I am doing save and exit, same page is opening again. Don't know what goes wrong. my pc have only 1 nvme SSD of 250gb, no harddrive. When I am checking in the peripheral> NVME...
  4. Gigabyte BIOS page is opening on the start-up of the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start-up page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up page: On computer start up, I used to see the screen-saver with my desktop icons- i.e, documents. How do I get those icons on the start-up screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-page/9cde8da6-8b9b-40f3-9e95-3f0af9d4aa37
  6. Start Up Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Up Page: Whenever I wake up my PC which is running Windows 10 I get a lovely photo. I then sign in and that brings up the MS page. I do not want to see the MS page, just my desktop picture, etc. This has just started recently and I would like to eliminate that page right after I...
  7. Start up page

Start up page: my start up page keep changing from the setting that I have,, such as the Theme , my task bar setting, my default app on the internet. When I logout and back in everything on the start up page has change again....
  8. Start page open the Microsoft page

Start page open the Microsoft page: It’s really annoying but I cannot set Google as a start page. Whatever I do ends in with Microsoft page. I changed browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, I.E. but no avail. I tried to set the start page in all browsers to Google but also no avail. I don’t know what else I can do...
  9. Something flashing up on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Something flashing up on start up: How can I find out what's making this white box appear on my desktop on boot? It only appears for a split second, had to film it and pause the video when it came up. I don't see any text, just the white square. [img] 106563
  10. Continuously flashing start up page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuously flashing start up page: After signing in on W10 sign in page, start up screen comes up but just keeps flashing, no icons on bottom task bar, curser has revolving blue circle, left click and right click has no effect. The only thing I can do is "control/alt/del to bring up the task manager. Tried...