Windows 10: Desktop oversizing on TV monitor

Discus and support Desktop oversizing on TV monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how to adjust the desktop size to display correctly on the big screen Samsung TV that I have plugged to my windows 10 laptop. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Heidikins.7, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Desktop oversizing on TV monitor

I cannot figure out how to adjust the desktop size to display correctly on the big screen Samsung TV that I have plugged to my windows 10 laptop. It is very close, but a smidge too big. Any advice? I have tried all obvious adjustments in settings and control panel.

:)

Heidikins.7, Jan 25, 2020
  2. BathMc Win User

Oversize display on my monitor/TV.

I played a game on my laptop the other day, and after I had finish3ed the display on my monitor, Sanyo HD TV, was oversized. All four sides have the edges outside the viewing area of my monitor. The display on my laptop is OK, but not on my monitor.

I have searched for a resolution, but I think that the answers I got were from aliens. I couldn't understand a word they said.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BathMc, Jan 25, 2020
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Desktop oversizing on TV monitor

Oversize display on my monitor/TV.

Hi,

We may need to do further investigation to identify the issue and its cause. Have you tried connecting it again to check if it will revert back to the normal display? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Does changing the resolution of the TV
    screen make a difference?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Desktop oversizing on TV monitor

1. Desktop oversizing on TV monitor - Similar Threads - Desktop oversizing monitor

2. Desktop & Apps oversized after a restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop & Apps oversized after a restart: Hi I restarted my computer about a week ago and as soon as it turned on from the restart my desktop and some apps have enlarged which makes some apps almost unusable as I cant see what some buttons are for. I have tried changing the screen resolution and updating the...
  3. Oversized dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oversized dialogue boxes: I have a program for embroidery called Generations. It worked fine on my old laptop Windows 10 but the dialogue boxes are too big on my new laptop and I can't reach any controls like OK. How can I reduce the size of these dialogue boxes? [ATTACH]...
  4. oversized windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oversized windows apps: why does windows apps take so much data to be downloaded: like for example Frequency generator app, one app doing one purpose, which is playing specific frequencies, why does it take 85 mb to be downloaded, a same app on my android phone just takes 8 mb...
  5. TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  6. oversized web sites on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    oversized web sites on monitor: Since the 1/13/2020 windows 10 update to v. 1909 from 1803 many, many problems have been noted. 1. no matter what site/page I open it overflows the monitor screen. When I minimize it all it does is remove the bottom half of the oversized display. I have checked all display...
  7. Hook up monitor and TV from desktop

Hook up monitor and TV from desktop: I can hook up my monitor or my tv individually. I can not get both to work at the same time. I have updated all software. I checked with NVIDIA and they say that this card should do both at the same time. I have windows 10....
  8. Oversize printing

Oversize printing: Can pages be tiled in Filemaker to print as a larger format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/oversize-printing/c5cb478f-f9e1-4621-9e2d-6e3d4d177703
  9. No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No way to see Win10 desktop on monitor or TV: Hello, this is my first post so be patient with me and thank you in advance. Now the problem is as follows: I set the Nvidia software to display Windows on my smart Panasonic TV and it did for a couple of days until, apparently, for no reason at all, it stopped doing it...
  10. Oversized Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Oversized Windows: Surface Book 3000x2000 resolution @ 200% scaling U2715H external Dell monitor 2560x1440 resolution @ 100% scaling As an example, I'll use PowerPoint 2016. On the clipboard monitor, it displays fine, regardless of what I set scaling at. On the monitor, everything looks...