Windows 10: Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

Discus and support Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shredhead1260, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next day. The next time I use it I am not docked. I log in and now the desktop has around the right 1/3 of the screen covered by the lockscreen wallpaper. Any window you open is underneath this partial image so you can’t see the contents. The only solutions seems to be to sign out and back in, or reboot. That defeats the purpose of using sleep on a laptop. I tried messing with resolution and it moved the portion of wallpaper to the left so now its more toward the middle of the screen, so that is a lot worse. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening, or if it does, how to fix things without a sign out or reboot?

:)

Shredhead1260, Mar 10, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Please provide option to display Lock Screen Wallpapers on Desktop

It's a real shame that I can't use the awesome wallpapers that was used for the lock screen whenever I see a good one before I log in.

I would love to see such feature implemented in the Display Settings to show the Lock Scren Wallpapers inside the Desktop.

Can Microsoft devs please implement this for the future updartes?

I know there are workarounds for this, but it's very cumbersome.

AzureKnight808, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

Thema:

Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

1. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper - Similar Threads - Desktop partially displays

2. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  3. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  4. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.

Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.: I want keep random wallpaper just like windows lock screen wallpaper that changes automatically. Is there any way or feature of windows 10 to keep random wallpapers that updates automatically?...
  6. Desktop and Lock screen Wallpaper changes automatically!!

Desktop and Lock screen Wallpaper changes automatically!!: The Desktop and lock screen wallpaper of my windows 10 laptop changes automatically to some random image simultaneously. I do not have those images on my laptop, and I have also searched for them in the private windows folder, "C:\Windows\Web". I also do not suspect any virus...
  7. Partial display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partial display: I am currently unable to view part of one of my current accounts online I am able to sign into the account, but the screen is only displaying the background menu tabs with nothing where the recent activity would normally be Additionally, all of the other tabs "daily...
  8. lock screen wallpaper

lock screen wallpaper: Hi, I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when I set a new...
  9. Please provide option to display Lock Screen Wallpapers on Desktop

Please provide option to display Lock Screen Wallpapers on Desktop: It's a real shame that I can't use the awesome wallpapers that was used for the lock screen whenever I see a good one before I log in. I would love to see such feature implemented in the Display Settings to show the Lock Scren Wallpapers inside the Desktop. Can Microsoft...
  10. Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?

Sync Desktop and Lock-screen Wallpaper?: Hello everyone, My problem is that for my laptop's desktop I use the "Background Slideshow" option to cycle through my wallpapers every hour and I would really love it if my lock-screen used the same wallpapers as my desktop in a synchronized way. I have searched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 welcome screen partially displays