Windows 10: Desktop partly unusable.

Discus and support Desktop partly unusable. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running an up to date Windows 10 x 64 with dual monitors which was fine until 15 minutes ago. Now right click does not work on upper 2/3 of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sup3rbird, Oct 8, 2018.

1. sup3rbird Win User

Desktop partly unusable.

I'm running an up to date Windows 10 x 64 with dual monitors which was fine until 15 minutes ago. Now right click does not work on upper 2/3 of my desktop and all icons have moved down and can not be moved up. Strangely my Rocket Dock is still sitting at the top and working normally. Right click works normally on opened files.

:)

sup3rbird, Oct 8, 2018

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 8, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Desktop partly unusable.

Windows 10 upgrade - flickering desktop - completely unusable

I upgraded my HP Pavilion p6 today from windows 7. When the machine restarted it gets to the desktop and just flashes rapidly. It's completely unusable - the windows button doesn't work - nothing.

I tried rebooting with the shift key held down as suggested on one of the threads (to enter 'safe mode' or whatever) and that did nothing; I can't see any way to get into safe mode since nothing at all functions on the desktop.

I'd be grateful for some help, as you've rendered my computer completely unusable.

davidtaylor_965, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Desktop partly unusable.

1. Desktop partly unusable. - Similar Threads - Desktop partly unusable

2. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  3. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  4. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large part of desktop wallpaper missing: Everyyime I turn on my pc a large part of my wallpaper at top went missing. The only way to fix it is to apply the wallpaper again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-part-of-desktop-wallpaper-missing/04ba6e05-7c31-44e9-b562-787d2bcba6c5
  5. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large part of desktop wallpaper missing: Everyyime I turn on my pc a large part of my wallpaper at top went missing. The only way to fix it is to apply the wallpaper again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-part-of-desktop-wallpaper-missing/04ba6e05-7c31-44e9-b562-787d2bcba6c5
  6. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unusable blank desktop after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusable blank desktop after update.: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows installation; since the last update, yesterday, my computer boots up to a blank, unusable desktop. Nothing works except the mouse (I can move it and that's it). My Desktop shortcuts are not there and the only way to fix it is...
  8. Right clicking on desktop makes it unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop makes it unusable: So today I fully reset my PC because it was misbehaving, after the reset while the original problem disappeared, a new one came up. When on the desktop, if I right click, the cursor becomes the blue circle meaning it is loading or something and that makes the desktop...
  9. Unused desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unused desktop icons?: Hello, after I played a game, I found that the icons in my desktop were different, I keep always them all together, I never have an empty space between them, but I found some empty space between them and I am afraid Windows alone deleted something and I don't understand...
  10. Unresponsive Part on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Part on Desktop: hey, i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image: [img] Sometimes, after closing a full...