Windows 10: Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

Discus and support Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karl6666, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Karl6666 Win User

Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection at all but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar will not load in Chrome or Edge with the Wired connection.The wireless connection will load weather radar instantly with BOTH web browsers.I have replaced the ethernet cable several times and the Killer E2500 driver is up to date.Any recommendations please?Thanks......Device Manager Pichttps://ibb.co/nnLb7Wp

:)

Karl6666, Jun 18, 2021

2. Wired Ethernet Connection Constantly Dropping (Windows 10)

My mom recently purchased a laptop from HP running Windows 10. I hooked it up to our Xfinity modem/router via Ethernet and the wired connection is consistently dropping for 5ish seconds, connecting again for a second or two, and then repeating the process.
    Connection over WiFi has no problems whatsoever. My own laptop that runs 8.1 has no problems with the same 2-in-1 modem/router, whether wired or wireless.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to remedy the problem?

JordenMacdonald, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Wired internet connection disconnects at random for 1 second

Hi all.

Basically, the problem is in the title. My ethernet connection will drop randomly for literally a second before reconnecting again. There are multiple PC's and other hardware on the network (wired and wireless) and my PC is the only one that's doing it.
    My ethernet cable goes into a switch and then into my PC if that's any help.

Things i've tried to fix the issue:

• Uninstall/Reinstall my network card with the latest drivers
    • Reset modem
    • Reset router
    • Flush the DNS
    • Reset the winsock
    • Move the wires around on the switch
    • Changed the power setting so that Windows cannot turn off the network card

I'm running the latest windows update and anything else you might need to know, please ask.

TomRichards14, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Titan Win User

Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

Wireless connection randomly drops

So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect and reconnect. This has been happening since earlier this week after having the laptop off for a couple days and i'm sure some updates came in from Microsoft.

Steps I've taken already to resolve this:

1. Uninstalled killer wireless software suite and installed stand alone killer driver
    2. Refreshed the PC with clean windows 10 install
    3. All drivers are up to date including BIOS
    4. Ran ccleaner along with registry side of it
    5. Memtest shows no errors
    6. Hard drives show no errors
    7. Connected to LAN and no drops all day

I'm not sure what else to check as this is a fairly new laptop bought back in march and doing some searching on google showed some posts about people with the same issues (different laptops/hardware) thinking it was related to Windows 10.

This has me thinking a recent update is causing it..

any other things i can try please?

Titan, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless... - Similar Threads - Desktop constantly drops

2. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so: Its really bothering me, I have gone through old support posts and still cannot find help. I am plugged directly into my router, it is provided by Rogers XB7-CM and the internet speed here is suppose to be really good, but I disconnect often. I thought it could be my ethernet...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  5. My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds: Hi! Since a few days ago my ehternet connection has been unstable, as I said in the title it drops to zero at random intervals for around 5 seconds at a time - see image below;another image for refrence; To fix this i've tried to;* re-installl the drivers* update the drivers*...
  6. Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar will not...
  7. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  8. USB ethernet constantly drops connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ethernet constantly drops connection: I have a Dell Inspiron running W10 64bit and am trying to use an Anker USB to gigabit ethernet adapter. It CONSTANTLY drops connection repeatedly for no reason! The interval between dropouts can be 30 minutes or more when idle, or every few seconds when active. I've...
  9. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  10. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...