Windows 10: Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

Discus and support Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karl6666, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Karl6666 Win User

Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar will not load in Chrome or Edge with the Wired connection.The wireless connection will load and weather radar load instantly with BOTH web browsers.I have replaced the ethernet cable several times and the Killer E2500 driver is up to date.Any recommendations please?Thanks......

:)

Karl6666, Jun 18, 2021

2. Losing Internet on a Wired Connection

PC is running Windows 7 64bit

Every hour or so one of my wired desktop PCs will lose internet connection for ~10 seconds. It's enough to kick me off any online games/webpages. Internet connection will come back, however any progress in games is lost.

It is not a problem with the cable, switched cables with my girlfriend's PC (right next to me) and I'm still losing connection.

Her computer doesn't lose internet. (Using the same router) Neither of our PCs have built in wireless connection capabilities.

SoHarmonious, Jun 18, 2021
  3. RVRick74 Win User
    No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless.

It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working DWA-140, and it would not connect on this machine. (It seems to connect to the wireless
    network, but will not connect to the Internet.) My wireless laptop connected to the Internet fine from the location of the malfunctioning machine so it isn't a signal strength issue.

I then tried the onboard Broadcom Netlink wired Ethernet adapter. It would not connect. (Attached a laptop to the Ethernet cable and verified a good connection to the router.)

I tried winsock reset and ip reset along with
    ipconfig /release
    , /renew, /flushdns, with no results.

I then installed a new PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet adapter. No connection to the Internet.

Device Manager reports all devices are working fine.

The Network Troubleshooter is worthless. It just reports "There may be a problem with the drivers for your device."

If I run ipconfig /all, all I get is the following:

Host Name........................: Reggie-I580

Primary Dns Suffix.........:<blank>

Node Type.........................: Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled.......: No

WINS Proxy Enabled....: No

Has something killed my TCP/IP stack in Windows? If so, how do I repair it?

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 580

Intel Core i3 3.2GHz

4GB RAM

Win 10 x64, v.1803 build 17134.407

An identical system is running fine.

RVRick74, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Pinchy Win User

Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

share internet connection in pc desktop &laptop

Operating systems on each computer?

If the desktop has two ethernet connections, you can set it up so that one has the modem (internet) and the other is connected to the laptop (cable from desktop to laptop).

If you want wireless, you will need a router unless you have a wireless connection and ethernet connection on the desktop, in which case you can do the same above, only instead of cable from pc to laptop, its wireless connection from pc to laptop.

Pinchy, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails. - Similar Threads - Desktop constantly loses

2. Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection: A few months ago my computer custom build about 5 years old stopped connecting to the internet and my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and trackball would randomly become unresponsive, so I bought a new TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe card which fixed things for one day. When the issue...
  3. Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection at all but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar...
  4. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?: So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up as an unidentified network but its the same as the wireless one so not sure why it says that it also never connects its say...
  5. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection: Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578...
  6. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  7. Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.

Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.: Hello I need help getting connected to the internet. I have searched for a solution but nothing has helped. I have had no network connection for about a month now. Network trouble shooter cannot correct the problem. says there my be a problem with my ethernet driver....
  8. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  9. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  10. Wired desktop loses internet

Wired desktop loses internet: On July 30, I went down to comcast to change the old Arries modem for one of those all in one modem/wireless gate way. Reason why the change, the old Arries modem was hooked up to the old router (Linksys one from '08) of ours. I plugged everything to the new modem and...