Windows 10: Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random...

Discus and support Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, For some odd reason and this behavior seems to happen quite frequently usually whenever I stream videos off of YouTube, Dailymotion, etc., my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John_9071, Mar 1, 2021.

1. John_9071 Win User

Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random...

Hello,

For some odd reason and this behavior seems to happen quite frequently usually whenever I stream videos off of YouTube, Dailymotion, etc., my desktop PC decides to lose its connection to the monitor Dell P2715Q along with the mouse, pc, and possibly a few more accessories connected to the PC. The audio still continues to play through the speaker when this occurs, but that only lasted for about 30 seconds at the most. I can't even hit Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B to recover it or Alt + F4 to close any running programs. So therefore, I had no other choice but to perform a hard reboot on the PC, which resulted in losing some of the work I was doing when this occurred. Is it something to do with my GPU or anything related to it and is there a way to fix it?

Here are my PC specs:

Windows 10 Pro version 20H2, OS build: 19042.844

Lenovo ThinkCentre M series Tower M920 I believe

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

John_9071, Mar 1, 2021
  2. yobs Win User

mouse and keyboard lose connection

on 2 different PCs the mouse and keyboard on Windows 10 lose connection after they have been working for a while.

yobs, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random...

Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10.

Hi,

The above issue might occur due to non-updated or incompatible keyboard and mouse device drivers installed on the computer. The issue might also occur due to any of the third party applications conflicting with the device drivers installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10 (via Media Creation Tool or
      Windows Updates)?
    • After upgrading the PC, did you update the device drivers installed on the computer?
    • Did you make any system changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if similar issue occurs on booting the PC in Safe mode?

If you are facing the above issue on desktop, check if similar issue persists on connecting other mouse and keyboard to the computer. If the issue is on laptop, I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and mouse devices and check if similar issue
    persists.

If other connected keyboard and mouse works on the computer I suggest you to
    update the keyboard and mouse drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait until the update is complete
    • After the update is complete, close the windows, connect the previously connected devices and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of keyboard and mouse not working on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random...

1. Desktop PC loses connection with the keyboard, mouse, and the monitor completely at random... - Similar Threads - Desktop loses connection

2. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  3. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  4. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC not connecting to monitor, keyboard, mouse, or other devices after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not connecting to monitor, keyboard, mouse, or other devices after restart: After one restart a few months back I can't say which one exactly, my computer has started to no longer connect to devices that are plugged in after restarting. Additionally, it stays on and doesn't enter sleep mode pressing the power button does nothing; holding it down...
  6. Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.: This has happened three times now. But once hard booted it turns on with no issues. Is it possible that the power strip the desktop is plugged into is not giving the PC enough power to fully boot? It is an old power bar. I ask this because I had the same issue with my Xbox...
  7. pc loses connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    pc loses connection to monitor: so i didnt have this problem before and all the sudden yesterday my pc loses connetion with my monitor pc still on and sounding normal no overheating what so ever i can still hear music and stuff and it only happends when i play games and edit videos yesterday i lost like so...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard lose their connection to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard lose their connection to Windows 10: For some time now, the mouse and the keyboard have been losing their connection, and being unresponsive after some time using them. The only way to make them work is unplug the USB and plug it back on a different port. Plugging it in the same port does nothing. Then after...
  9. wireless keyboard and mouse periodically lose connection

wireless keyboard and mouse periodically lose connection: Sometimes my wireless keyboard and mouse lose their connection momentarily. This started about a month ago. Usually they reconnect in about 10 seconds. But lately there have been times when they haven't reconnected. Restarting fixes. Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard 5050...
  10. mouse and keyboard lose connection

mouse and keyboard lose connection: on 2 different PCs the mouse and keyboard on Windows 10 lose connection after they have been working for a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-and-keyboard-lose-connection/7bfc6db9-6bad-4c3c-b069-da2ff93bda78