Windows 10: Desktop pc randomly turning off the display or restarts on its own

Discus and support Desktop pc randomly turning off the display or restarts on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. Since the start of the week, my pc is acting strange. Randomly, no matter the hour of the day, it turns off the display. The peripherals are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deozza, May 21, 2021.

1. Deozza Win User

Desktop pc randomly turning off the display or restarts on its own

Hello all. Since the start of the week, my pc is acting strange. Randomly, no matter the hour of the day, it turns off the display. The peripherals are still on, sometimes I still have sound coming from open apps. But the video output is gone. Today it even reboots itself twice in a row, without any warning o

:)

Deozza, May 21, 2021

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, May 21, 2021
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), May 21, 2021
  4. Desktop pc randomly turning off the display or restarts on its own

Laptop Randomly Restarts / Turns Off and comes on with No Wifi

Thanks for the reply

I dont get any errors when the laptop restarts, but it happens randomly and instantly everything shuts down with no warning. Its not like a restart because it doent say restart it just turn off. And sometimes switches ot self back on.

I dont think I have downloaded any applications to cause the problem.

Te problem happens randomly, i think most of the time when im using the internet or using cpu heavy applications. But i think it happens randomly.

I tried the troubleshootin and it doest have the wifi adapter when it randomly shuts down. It just shows ethernet and bluetooth adapter. When i restart it again wifi works.

Hassan786m, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Desktop pc randomly turning off the display or restarts on its own

1. Desktop pc randomly turning off the display or restarts on its own - Similar Threads - Desktop randomly turning

2. My pc keeps turning off and restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps turning off and restarting on its own: For the past couple days my computer has been experiencing random shutdowns, it restarts right away and there is no BSOD, also while its restarting most of the time i gotta hold down the power button to completely shut it down because its not entirely powering on after the...
  3. My pc keeps turning off and restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps turning off and restarting on its own: For the past couple days my computer has been experiencing random shutdowns, it restarts right away and there is no BSOD, also while its restarting most of the time i gotta hold down the power button to completely shut it down because its not entirely powering on after the...
  4. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  5. PC turns off and on on its own

PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  6. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  8. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  9. pc turning off on its own

10. PC restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC restarting on its own: Product: HP Elite 7500 Series MT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I am desperate. My PC restarts on its own all of a sudden while I am working, once or twice a day, even if in Windows Update I set those hours as working hours. There is no error message. It...