Windows 10: Desktop PC - Replacing a failed SSD Drive - Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop PC - Replacing a failed SSD Drive - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, The SSD drive on a desktop PC has failed which was the boot drive with Windows 10. Currently the PC will boot to the ASUS EZ-mode bios utility.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TravSTLmo, Apr 4, 2021.

1. TravSTLmo Win User

Desktop PC - Replacing a failed SSD Drive - Windows 10

Hi,

The SSD drive on a desktop PC has failed which was the boot drive with Windows 10. Currently the PC will boot to the ASUS EZ-mode bios utility. It see's the other hard drive which was has files and games plus the DVD/CD drive. If I replace the SSD drive, how doI load Window 10 on it so the PC will boot again.? I don't have the disk but do see the info in my Microsoft account for the PC which shows - Windows 10 Home

Thanks

:)

TravSTLmo, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Apr 4, 2021
  4. gordon99 Win User

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop PC - Replacing a failed SSD Drive - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop Replacing failed

2. replacement SSD drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    replacement SSD drive for laptop: My laptop cannot see my SSD drive so I assume it has failed, I am having trouble finding a replacement.The SSD drive installed in my laptop is an SK Hynix, I am attaching a photo of it.The is the only similar drive I have found and do not know if if it is...
  3. Replace SSD with Windows 10 on it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace SSD with Windows 10 on it.: I have a w 10 Pro Asus PC, with the following: SSD 128 GB with the OS of W10 Pro on it, Intel 7700 Processor, 1GB Hd being used for data, and other things which are not so important for what I like to ask for here. I am considering to replace the 128GB SSD with a 500GB or...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing a failed hard drive with a new SSD on a HP Pavilion...: I plan to replace the failed HDD with a new SSD on a Windows10 HP Pavilion all-in-one 23-q114 PC. I do have a recovery USB drive, created when I purchased the computer in Feb 2016, although I don't recall if the PC came with a Windows10 pre-installed or with an offer of a...
  5. Migrating Windows to Replacement SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows to Replacement SSD Drive: Hi I'm looking to replace my dying HDD drive in my Toshiba Satellite C660-22V laptop with a new crucial SSD drive but would like to get advice on whether I will be able to activate windows 10 once installed on the new drive? The device itself was originally supplied with...
  6. Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD: I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an...
  7. Restoring Windows PC with a failed SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restoring Windows PC with a failed SSD boot drive: How do I rescue a PC with a failed SSD boot drive. Windows 10 Pro was the System and PC comes up in BIOS. Have the original Disk. Supplier gone out of business just before it happened....
  8. Can't activate Windows 10 after replacing failed SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 after replacing failed SSD: Hi, My computer's SSD failed, and I just bought a SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. However, it is not activated. I originally had Windows 7, then installed Windows 8 Pro, then upgraded to Windows 10. This is all legal. However, I ran a BIOS product key checker on...
  9. replace hard drive with SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    replace hard drive with SSD: I have a laptop with a 1 TB hard drive. I am only using about 300 GB. Can I replace my 1 TB hard drive with a 500 GB SSD? 95323
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...