Windows 10: Desktop PC Speakers Question

Discus and support Desktop PC Speakers Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Let me please try to describe as best I can what I would like to do. I have a single external speaker connected to a shortwave radio.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Desktop PC Speakers Question

Hello,

Let me please try to describe as best I can what I would like to do.

I have a single external speaker connected to a shortwave radio.
    Speaker is powered by a "brick," and there is No pc involved.

Also have a desktop pc that uses two external speakers.
    Speakers are connected to the pc audio output via a light green jack on the pc back.

I would like to eliminate the single speaker connected to the shortwave set, and feed the shortwave set's audio output to the pc, in order to use it's sound card, etc.

Having three speakers on the desk is one too many, and would like to eliminate the
    one the shortwave set is presently using.

Any practical way of feeding the shortwave radio's audio into the pc, and then to the two speakers the pc uses normally ?
    Possible ? If so, which jacks, etc. ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    No Audio through speaker or headset after adding Windows 10 to new cyberpower desktop PC

Hi,

There may have been some corruptions that happened, thus, your speaker and headset do not work on your new Cyberpower desktop PC. Allow us to clarify some details though, so we can properly isolate the issue.

• You mentioned about adding Windows 10 to your new desktop PC, what was the previous OS and version of your desktop PC?
    • Was this working fine before?
    • Is your speaker or headset using a 3.5mm jack, USB or Bluetooth?
    • On what slot is the headset/speaker plugged in? Have you tried other slots?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 2, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

I could be wrong ,but I don't think it can be done ,I know you can get y jacks to go out to multiple speakers ,or speakers and headphones.

it may be possible if this inscrutable is correct ,I think you would have to solder a mini pin to the speaker wire of the satellite radio.or if the radio has mini pin in from the speaker ,then you could just a mini pin to min pin extension cable
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...gh-your-compu/

caperjack, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Doverboy Win User
    It really depends upon the options you have for I/O audio ports. If you have a dedicated sound card, chances are you have audio in available. As far as connecting from your radio, you will have to look at what is available for output from the radio and match it up with what you have for input to your pc. You might need to purchase a cable specific to matching up your connectors.

The good news is even if you don't have audio in on your pc, you can purchase a basic sound card on the cheap. Cables can also be found for very little money, too.

If you can post pics of the output options on your radio and input on your pc, it would help.

If the only output from your radio is the speaker connector, well then that might be tricky. It would require connecting speaker cable to a different device, which then could connect to your pc. Again, pics would help.

Sounds like a fun project!

Doverboy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop PC Speakers Question - Similar Threads - Desktop Speakers Question

2. Desktop Shortcut Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcut Questions: When a desktop shortcut has a cloud attached to it what does that mean? When a desktop shortcut has a check mark attached to it what does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-questions/84d73c54-62d5-4bf4-9433-874910d69604
  3. Desktop Shortcut Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Shortcut Questions: When a desktop shortcut has a cloud attached to it what does that mean? When a desktop shortcut has a check mark attached to it what does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-questions/84d73c54-62d5-4bf4-9433-874910d69604
  4. desktop icon in question

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icon in question: My desktop icons are gone after certain update. I restarted the computer, and it is still missing. Even my files are missing as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-in-question/18b8d13f-2134-4d42-be3c-2584865599ae
  5. Win11 and Desktop question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 and Desktop question: I got this advertisment from Microsoft: New Windows 11 PCs have arrivedand looked at the devices that have Win 11. They're all laptops and tablets. So -- Microsoft is not going to put Win11 on desktops? Only mobile devices?...
  6. New HP Desktop PC: 2 Questions On, Please

in Windows 10 Support
    New HP Desktop PC: 2 Questions On, Please: Hello, Will be getting a new HP Desktop pc, running, of course, W10. Two questions, please: a. The Apple iMac we also have is set up to go to "sleep" after non-usage of about an hour. Is there also sleep mode, probably, on the HP Desktop ? And, most important question for...
  7. Questions - Backup strategies for a personal home desktop PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions - Backup strategies for a personal home desktop PC: Well I'm cruising along with my three week old inexpensive HP Pavilion desktop. They waste so much metal to encase a couple of innards, a little motherboard, a 1TB drive and a silly low output power supply. The rest is air. Hope these things are mostly getting recycled when...
  8. Speaker in Taskbar question

in Windows 10 Support
    Speaker in Taskbar question: My Taskbar used to show a speaker. [img] How can I get this back? 83919
  9. Sr. Citizen Question: Which HP PC Desktop Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Question: Which HP PC Desktop Question ?: Hello, Sr. Citizen now, and would appreciate some help.. Have had an HP Desktop for a number of years. Not perfect, but have had good luck with it. Time for a new one, though. Am considering another, new Desktop with W10. Their site doesn't allow a comparison, item...
  10. Multiple Desktop question

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktop question: I've been trying to do something with multiple desktops in 10 with no success. Is there a way - if you're using multiple monitors - to have different desktops displayed on different monitors at the same time? 20215